Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery to Nj. on 24th. LRAWD Blue, upgrade interior, std. wheels, no FSD. We are going to have it delivered to Vermont. We were told delivery to vt. could take up to two weeks. It is my wife's car, and she is leaving for Orlando on Sat. to visit family, so not an issue.
Excited to finally get the car.....well....soon.
Great forum.

Just got the call from my delivery center telling me my delivery was delayed from tomorrow to Saturday, car's still sitting at their logistics hub in Birmingham, AL. Anyone else held up due to transport issues?

Yes. I called today because I was getting worried, and the SA who took my call / looked up my order saw that the car was in AL. He was also similarly confused and noted a lot of cars seemed stuck there and in Mississippi...?? But LUCKILY he VIN matched me to another vehicle in local inventory (also confused why it had not been assigned) and my delivery was moved up to tomorrow.

Picked up mine earlier, build quality seems good, only thing I noticed was a window gasket was out and I tucked it back into right position.

Also...don't all Model 3 come with garage opener?

I was trying to set up my homelink, but I guess I don't have a garage door opener installed on my 3 (per the information page)

And I wasted an extra hour at the store because I stupidly hit update and had to wait for the car to update (I thought I bricked the car at one point when the screen was just black for a good 30min+ and called support...since it was dark and the store had closed, I thought maybe they could just override the car and stop the update)

Picked up mine earlier, build quality seems good, only thing I noticed was a window gasket was out and I tucked it back into right position.

Also...don't all Model 3 come with garage opener?

I was trying to set up my homelink, but I guess I don't have a garage door opener installed on my 3 (per the information page)

And I wasted an extra hour at the store because I stupidly hit update and had to wait for the car to update (I thought I bricked the car at one point when the screen was just black for a good 30min+ and called support...since it was dark and the store had closed, I thought maybe they could just override the car and stop the update)
Glad you didn’t have too many quality issues. Yes, the default Homelink was removed. You can buy from Tesla and it includes install and programming. Others have purchased used from eBay and installed it themselves and then had a service center activate. It is a cheaper route but would recommend checking with service center for the cost to update once you DIY.

Finally picked up yesterday, all looked good and seemed fine except the driver side camera wasn’t working. Strange since they had over a day to look over the car and prep it as they said. No tech on duty as it was a late pickup so I’m stopping back by today after work. Anyone have this issue before? Shows black with a loading type logo. Already tried the reboots with the advisor that was there. No luck.

Finally picked up yesterday, all looked good and seemed fine except the driver side camera wasn’t working. Strange since they had over a day to look over the car and prep it as they said. No tech on duty as it was a late pickup so I’m stopping back by today after work. Anyone have this issue before? Shows black with a loading type logo. Already tried the reboots with the advisor that was there. No luck.

Yes, same for me on the right side after a few days of it working. Have an an appointment with Tampa SC next week.

Yeah i'm delayed again in Richmond, VA till next wed 9/30 car still in AL. Not sure what there issue is, but at this point i'm not holding my breath. This certainly makes whatever excitement I had a moot point. I fully expect now to have numerous issues at delivery.

So I’m waiting til the 22nd for delivery which will be the 10th week out of a 8 week max wait in Tampa, I looked at their inventory today and they have the same spec as I ordered in stock now. I called and they tell me that car is not even built yet, but it is listed as in stock on their site ? You think they are giving the run around? Why would it be listed in inventory if not even built yet?

Same here in Columbus, Ohio. Showed in inventory, I pressed “buy” completed financing and got the, “We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.” I called my SA, he checked and said the car was coming off the factory line. I got a VIN two days later. Still waiting on a delivery date. Kinda strange (dare I say misleading) to show cars in stock at specific cities that are still at the factory. Oh well, good things come to those who wait. Gives me time to plan at home charging and exploring PPF options around town.

Same here in Columbus, Ohio. Showed in inventory, I pressed “buy” completed financing and got the, “We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.” I called my SA, he checked and said the car was coming off the factory line. I got a VIN two days later. Still waiting on a delivery date. Kinda strange (dare I say misleading) to show cars in stock at specific cities that are still at the factory. Oh well, good things come to those who wait. Gives me time to plan at home charging and exploring PPF options around town.

My experience yesterday was a similar one. I looked at local inventory and saw what I was after SR+, white / black, 19” wheels. I started a chat to check if the car was available and immediately got a call from a SA who told me there was one coming off the line and she could have it to me in one week. I asked about the one in inventory and received an answer I didn’t quite understand. If the one week delivery holds you won’t hear me complain, but yeah, it’s a little fishy.

Car is to be delivered today or tomorrow. I was originally told that if I wanted it shipped it would be mid October, I could drive down in a rental and pick it up on the 24th. Declined the rental. Hope to get the car by tomorrow. Our original order was revised on 8/15 so we had to await another car. All we changed was the wheels. Went to standard. Seems to me there would be a depot or service center that would have spare wheels, and could just swap them out. Oh well.