Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late to post but my delivery on 9/12 went swimmingly... there was last minute trade in hiccup but other than that I couldn’t be happier. Totally worth the wait. Overall I’m happy with the the fit / finish of things. In love with my car. The black with white interior makes me feel like I am James Bond... wish it could fly! Everyone was extremely helpful. They helped me remove the aero wheel covers and I came prepared with a storage bag for them. They even helped install my aero wheel kit! Joyful few days.

Attachments

• 2F10EADF-643A-4AEA-ABB6-E7D4B985CD55.jpeg
    2F10EADF-643A-4AEA-ABB6-E7D4B985CD55.jpeg
    751.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 27CA8B27-4D93-44D5-BA48-2C9A429E3031.jpeg
    27CA8B27-4D93-44D5-BA48-2C9A429E3031.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 70
Late to post but my delivery on 9/12 went swimmingly... there was last minute trade in hiccup but other than that I couldn’t be happier. Totally worth the wait. Overall I’m happy with the the fit / finish of things. In love with my car. The black with white interior makes me feel like I am James Bond... wish it could fly! Everyone was extremely helpful. They helped me remove the aero wheel covers and I came prepared with a storage bag for them. They even helped install my aero wheel kit! Joyful few days.

Would you mind sharing the issue with the trade in?

Would you mind sharing the issue with the trade in?
Sure, self inflicted really. They wouldn’t honor my trade ins value as initially quoted 6 weeks ago as I had put on 2k miles and sustained some damage to my rear bumper... as a result of a hit and run a while back. That wasn’t clear on the photos I first sent in. So they gave me $500 less than I was quoted. I protested (tried to take $1k off at first)... if I had more patience I would have just waited to get what carvana offered me but I also received a vehicle sales tax credit. Still would have gotten more thru carvana but didn’t wish to deal with the hassle. My paperwork wasn’t done when I arrived since the updated photos I sent in the night before clearly showed the damage. HQ held things up and the SAs were really trying to help me get what I was first offered. Met me half way you can say.

It's really cool to see everyone that had ordered a few weeks after I did (7/5) now starting to get their cars or being on the verge of getting them; Today was the 1 month anniversary of me picking mine up - and I'm just as excited every day to drive it as I was back on 8/15; I don't particularly have many places I have to go on a daily basis - but I find a reason to take it every day for at least 20 miles. Enjoy everyone! - I think the "honeymoon" is going to last a GOOD LONG WHILE! Already beginning to plan our first real road trip ......

Picked up today!!!! My car arrived early they initially called to schedule for tomorrow but I asked to pick up today! There were two minor scratches, but I just entered them into the service tab of the app before leaving so that they know.

Attachments

• 87FCB0B7-D496-4986-967C-BC38F789D659.jpeg
    87FCB0B7-D496-4986-967C-BC38F789D659.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 69
  • A289ECBE-59D1-4630-8475-201E07B0AF64.jpeg
    A289ECBE-59D1-4630-8475-201E07B0AF64.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 65
  • A60F09F3-4BDB-4AA5-AC5B-4A931CF8127A.jpeg
    A60F09F3-4BDB-4AA5-AC5B-4A931CF8127A.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 67
Picked up today!!!! My car arrived early they initially called to schedule for tomorrow but I asked to pick up today! There were two minor scratches, but I just entered them into the service tab of the app before leaving so that they know.

Congratulations! Your car looks great. You'll be really happy you upgraded to the LR AWD now. Of course the extra range is great, but also the premium interior is a big difference. The sound system is truly ridiculous.

Good luck and see you around on the other Model 3 boards here.....

• Love
Reactions: Alura
Congratulations! Your car looks great. You'll be really happy you upgraded to the LR AWD now. Of course the extra range is great, but also the premium interior is a big difference. The sound system is truly ridiculous.

Good luck and see you around on the other Model 3 boards here.....
The sound system is ridiculous..... It is loud on the outside though at near full volume hahaha.

Do you have any recommendations for a storage drive to be able to utilize sentry?

The sound system is ridiculous..... It is loud on the outside though at near full volume hahaha.

Do you have any recommendations for a storage drive to be able to utilize sentry?

It's probably not for everybody, but I plan to use a Raspberry Pi running this software instead of a USB stick/SSD. The car will treat it like normal USB storage, but when you get home it can connect to your home network and automatically transfer all the sentry clips to your PC/NAS. It will also sync music from your PC. Essentially you should never have to take it out of the car once it is installed.

Reactions: jyim89

I purchased the following for when/if my car ever gets delivered:

1. Navak USB Splitter - 1 USB for Data and 1 USB for whatever
2. 256GB SanDisk High Endurance MicroSDX Card
3. Difini MIcroSD Card reader - It has a USB port on one end and a thunderbolt on the other end. This way, I can disconnect and attached to my iPhone to the Sentry Videos directly I didn't want to have to connect to a computer to view.