Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD No Longer Being Made?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AKinDC

Apr 30, 2019
DC
So I called up my rep to order this morning, planning on going with a LR RWD, but was told that they're no longer being made, and they're only selling current inventory.
Anyone else hear this?
Switched to AWD, since I was waffling back and forth between the two anyway.

Been this way. Not sure if they are no longer making them permanently or just not in production at the moment. But you can get current inventory as advised. I bought a new 5 mi. April production car in April from inventory so it is not like you will get a car sitting around for months. They will possibly offer you some type of discount if you take one from inventory.

Contrary to the usual "fake news main stream media" Tesla can't build them fast enough.

DO NOT buy what you DO NOT WANT. (or need?).

IF you want/need the RWD LR model, wait til it is offered. Gives you time to save up. Consider AWD?? of course, you decide.

Not good advise.

Better advise is: If you want the LR+RWD, you have to go through the Tesla version of a special order, by phoning them and insisting on placing an order. You'll have to wait a little longer for one, but eventually it'll turn up. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
Not good advise.

Better advise is: If you want the LR+RWD, you have to go through the Tesla version of a special order, by phoning them and insisting on placing an order. You'll have to wait a little longer for one, but eventually it'll turn up. :)

That's what I just did. Says 2 weeks until delivery, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Sadly, AP is $3000 with the RWD, but was included with the AWD, so the RWD is only $2000 less, while I was expecting $5000 less. But to me, saving 2K and getting 20-30 extra miles of range is more important than the AWD features.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia