Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE on, but no streaming services?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just took delivery of a long range plus and noticed I’m not getting live traffic updates or music streaming, or internet web browsing. Keeps asking me to connect to WIFI?? Even tho I see its receiving LTE. I did the car reboot with no luck. What am I doing wrong??

Reactions: Jwalker9
We just took delivery too and having issues with slacker radio. We got a message that premium activity had activated about 10 mins after driving off the lot. When I rebooted, the “earth” map is now usable with traffic patterns, but the slacker radio still won’t login. Any tips?

Mine was delivered on March 3rd - same issues and messages (wifi) for a few days, then slowly it all started working - took a few days. Showed LTE, showed active subscription, but would not access any streaming or traffic ir google earth map views. It was 2-3 days before everything started working properly.

Rebooting the MCU after changing such settings sometimes helps to accellerate things. I could not login to spotify premium, even though everything else worked. Gave the MCU a kick in the butt. Has been working ever since.

LTE will always be on, regardless of subscription being active or not. So that's no indicator.