Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE streaming service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just purchased a new 2018 MS 100D on 12/21/18. My understanding is that I have pre-paid LTE streaming service for 1 year after purchase, then I must pay an annual subscription fee to continue after that. Does anyone know the service provider Tesla uses for the LTE streaming? Do you have a choice of provider after the initial year? What is the typical annual cost? Is there a phone number attached to the streaming service, as in cellphone service?

Just purchased a new 2018 MS 100D on 12/21/18. My understanding is that I have pre-paid LTE streaming service for 1 year after purchase, then I must pay an annual subscription fee to continue after that. Does anyone know the service provider Tesla uses for the LTE streaming? Do you have a choice of provider after the initial year? What is the typical annual cost? Is there a phone number attached to the streaming service, as in cellphone service?
My 2015 S85 uses AT&T 4G. You don’t get a choice of carrier. There’s no cellular voice service so it’s really inconsequential whether there is technically a phone number assigner or not.

Yes there is a phone number and you will never know it as it is irrelevant to you. Service is through AT&T. Data only. The car must have an M2M SIM card somewhere with the LTE/3G modem. Tesla has a deal with AT&T and most likely Rogers in Canada for roaming but again that is also irrelevant to you.