TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

LTE streaming service

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mike Robinson, Jan 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson Member

Just purchased a new 2018 MS 100D on 12/21/18. My understanding is that I have pre-paid LTE streaming service for 1 year after purchase, then I must pay an annual subscription fee to continue after that. Does anyone know the service provider Tesla uses for the LTE streaming? Do you have a choice of provider after the initial year? What is the typical annual cost? Is there a phone number attached to the streaming service, as in cellphone service?

2. bpjones

bpjones Member

My 2015 S85 uses AT&T 4G. You don’t get a choice of carrier. There’s no cellular voice service so it’s really inconsequential whether there is technically a phone number assigner or not.

3. buzescu

buzescu Member

Yes there is a phone number and you will never know it as it is irrelevant to you. Service is through AT&T. Data only. The car must have an M2M SIM card somewhere with the LTE/3G modem. Tesla has a deal with AT&T and most likely Rogers in Canada for roaming but again that is also irrelevant to you.

4. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson Member

Thanks!

So, I will get a bill from AT&T at the end of my first year, to renew for another year?

5. robby

robby Member

You will pay Tesla, not AT&T.

6. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson Member

Aaaah, thanks!