Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 break ins in canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen a few posts and videos about thieves breaking the small rear windows of model 3’s in california. Is there history about this in canada? I live in Kitchener and kinda worried about this.
There’s not much point worrying. Car thieves break into cars. Not much you can do about it unless you have a secured garage.

When we lived in the city, my Maza was broken into once and my wife’s Civic was broken into several times. I live in the country now with little crime, but a neighbour kid broke into another neighbour’s car last year.

With the sentry mode, I think the Tesla is at less risk, although that assumes that car theirs are knowledgeable and rational, which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Reactions: richyrich
There’s not much point worrying. Car thieves break into cars. Not much you can do about it unless you have a secured garage.

When we lived in the city, my Maza was broken into once and my wife’s Civic was broken into several times. I live in the country now with little crime, but a neighbour kid broke into another neighbour’s car last year.

With the sentry mode, I think the Tesla is at less risk, although that assumes that car theirs are knowledgeable and rational, which doesn’t seem to be the case.
True. Sentry mode is a charm. It would be great if m3 would trigger alarm when the glass breaks.