Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news that the cars are getting better. Only thing I'm really fussed about is range. I wonder if that's across all cars or just the new models?

Also, I held off a chrome delete because I was told it has an adverse effect on insurance. But to me this is a green light to go ahead with no penalty!

Also, I held off a chrome delete because I was told it has an adverse effect on insurance. But to me this is a green light to go ahead with no penalty!
Be careful. Just because this spec car has "chrome delete" (which is actually anodised) doesn't suddenly mean that your insurers are ok with you wrapping your car. Some insurers - notably the Direct Line group - are not ok with wraps at all.

A grey area would be replacing the various brightwork with the bits from the MY21 car, which would be do-able but pretty expensive I imagine (new wing mirror assemblies, etc)

I downloaded my configuration and in the pdf there was an interior I have never seen before, cloth seats, centre console appears to be just an empty storage area, black trim instead of wood (for all the wood haters), not sure if it's some kind of cheaper base model they may be planning on introducing?

Attachments

• Screenshot (298).png
    Screenshot (298).png
    902.8 KB · Views: 221
BTW, sales advisors in the Netherlands are saying the Q4 deliveries of SR+ spec are the "old" model, while the LR and P spec will already be the refreshed models. Would be interesting to see what they tell you in the UK (since the cars are arriving on the same boat)

I just called 01628 450660 Option 4 for sales and said I've not had an email to say my order has been updated, but she looked on the system and said I will be getting the refreshed model and I've ordered a SR+. Emails are gradually coming out she says. The lady was actually really helpful. Unless you are currently matched to a car and have the VIN showing it is the L VIN, she said everyone will be getting the refresh on all variants of the Model 3. She did say that the delivery might slip into December as there are no cars arriving any time soon (we all know that from Mr Miserable and his fantastic thread!) but I'm pleased I now know I'm getting the refreshed model.

Reactions: Durzel
So, I've had my Tesla now a couple of weeks and all of a sudden they change again? Ha, price of progress.

I've noticed that my Performance Boost Upgrade Option has changed from 4.4s->3.9s to 4.2s->3.7s. I wonder if this is a bug, or if there really was/soon to be a free 0.2s OTA update over the air.

Time to pre-order that iPhone 12.

I spoke to my local SC to chase delivery on mine. They've said that the refresh will have different spec tyres as well as different wheels. They also said that the refresh will include the heatpump, hence the increased range.

It also looks likely that all current orders that have not been matched will be the refreshed models. First deliveries will be mid-November.