Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KYVolsfan

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2022
United States
2 questions about sounds:

First, I’ve read a lot of threads about sounds in the car, but not specifically this. I took advantage of unseasonably warm weather to wash my M3. While cleaning the car, it would make noises. Not sure how to describe them. My Kia EV6 would do a little of this, but not nearly as much as the M3. Is this normal?

And, in the Kia I drove, I could change the sounds the car made - either while driving or backing up. Can I do this in the M3? If so, I can’t seem to find it in the settings.

Thanks for your help

The noise you likely are hearing is the contactors opening and closing, although without audio we obviously dont know more.

As for your other question, since my car is older I dont have a pedestrian warning speaker. I would suggest searching TMC FOR "boombox" to find more about the boombox feature, what is possible and what isnt. I dont know, or I would answer myself but there is a ton of information here about the boombox feature.