Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 wrap costs (XPEL and color change)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got quoted $7k+ in Las Vegas by Pro-Tect Film. They seem to be the top of the heap there, so that is likely the reasoning. I went with the premium package as a result (Front bumper, hood, fenders, A pillars, rockers, and added the area below the trunk entry) for $2400.

I'm exploring this right now for my M3 due in a month or few. Xpel Ultimate

The big dogs here in fremont want 8k to do the full wrap, and cquartz over everything including wheels, brake calipers, door sills, trunk, glass.

Smaller indy shop in Belmont quoted 5700 for a full wrap, and 1650 for a full front including mirrors

I don’t have my Perf Model 3 yet (on order) but put in deposit for full xpel ultimate plus at 5 Point Auto Spa in San Diego. Redirecting...

They have a special going on until 7/31/18. $5,500 for Model 3 with xpel ultimate plus (gloss) and includes ceramic pro gold ($1290 value) included. I know it’s still pretty expensive overall but I’m planning to keep the car long term. I think it was an extra $500 or so for xpel stealth (matte finish).

Full 5 stars on Yelp and I personally know a few BMW guys that have had their M cars with xpel and are very happy with them.

Reactions: F_T_K
One place in northern Virginia wants $2,000 for full front end and $5,000 for full wrap with Suntek. They will also do a la carte additions, such as $400 for rear bumper. Another quoted $2,100 for full front end, so they're close in terms of price.

Paint correction and coatings are additional.

Reactions: Bamagirl68
Houston area, here. I've got quotes on full colour ranging from $2250 + $250 for chrome delete up to $4000 + $750 for chrome delete. That also encompasses a range of wrap colors going from a basic solid colour to an Avery Roaring Thunder (a flip/shift), the later adding between $400 and $800 (more material, to make sure it all lays in right direction, and somewhat more expensive material). Not sure about that huge range in the chrome delete, if that's including a hefty "Tesla premium"?

For XPEL $1600-$1800 for a front-only XPEL, $5K+ for a full XPEL wrap is also the kind of numbers I've gotten (didn't get an official written quote but that was ballpark number I was given). Not sure if that included paint corrections, didn't ask about ceramic coating like Opticoat.

Houston area, here. I've got quotes on full colour ranging from $2250 + $250 for chrome delete up to $4000 + $750 for chrome delete. That also encompasses a range of wrap colors going from a basic solid colour to an Avery Roaring Thunder (a flip/shift), the later adding between $400 and $800 (more material, to make sure it all lays in right direction, and somewhat more expensive material). Not sure about that huge range in the chrome delete, if that's including a hefty "Tesla premium"?

For XPEL $1600-$1800 for a front-only XPEL, $5K+ for a full XPEL wrap is also the kind of numbers I've gotten (didn't get an official written quote but that was ballpark number I was given). Not sure if that included paint corrections, didn't ask about ceramic coating like Opticoat.

Are those color change wraps including doing the door jambs and all so that there is no sign of the original color? If so, that’s a great deal compared to what I’ve seen in Austin.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
Any recommendations in the Raleigh/Durham area? Has anyone used TVP Auto or Triangle Sign Solutions for Xpel and/or tint? TVP is right by the Tesla store, so it would be convenient. Also looking for some place to do ceramic coat (CQuartz or OptiCoat, I guess).

Are those color change wraps including doing the door jambs and all so that there is no sign of the original color? If so, that’s a great deal compared to what I’ve seen in Austin.
No. Sorry, I should have included that important detail! I'm getting an Obsidian Metallic so am not particularly concerned about trunk/jams, for the colour choices I'm considering. Especially with the black interior, I'm okay with being able to see a sliver of black "inside" when up close, and black around when the door opens. So hadn't asked for pricing on that. Come to think of it with the $2250 I just assumed they wouldn't do that inside stuff, the higher end quotes were explicit on this.

P.S. I did ask for the one place for an extra and they are willing to toss it in as it's a little thing. Cut "T=SLA" letters in vinyl the size that Franz used on the trunk and that you can buy from Abstract Ocean. Lay them under first, to give a subtle relief look (and not replace the factory 'T' logo). Not super sure how it'll look, I haven't seen anyone try it yet?