Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P 500 Miles from new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PITA

Model 3 Performance
Sep 2, 2021
West Midlands, UK
I'm now 500 miles in, since Sept 10th 2021 collection day. So now consider myself a Tesla expert 😁

Having never even been inside a Tesla, never mind driven one, I came blind but now I can see.

Bloody brilliant car, that is all 👍🙉🙈🙊

(even if I did only get 200 miles out of it yesterday with 18% battery remaining... defending against branded tryhards should be factored into range tests) 😇

good for you
Well this must be true, because I've washed my car by hand about four times now, and waxed it properly.

It's super slippery which is a pleasure, and it shows for wind resistance. All the panels are perfect. All the window seals are perfect. All the paintwork is perfect. All the interior panels are in line and no rattles.

It's easily as good as any other brand new car I've ever had.

So, what's not to like? 😎😎😎😎

Made in China, collected in UK

Reactions: KenC and hcdavis3
I think, I just got very lucky on many levels.

But the car is genuinely nice.

Just got to hope the electrickery side of it now holds true, to back up everything else.
They're great cars in so many ways but the Fremont CA factory SUCKS. The most inconsistent don't give a $hit manufacturing I've seen personally.

My 2021 M3P has 528 miles on it, took delivery in June. I've had every door adjusted, frunk adjusted but still lower than passenger side fender, two windows adjusted, drivers side wiper arm adjusted, multiple missing push clips in the wheel wells missing, interior trim parts refit, scratches on one rear window noted at delivery, flaking paint in a few spots on inside lips of front fenders noticed by my PPF installed, he corrected those.

Car goes to Tesla in two weeks for rear bumper removal and reinstall as its not clipped on correctly on drivers side, also have a steering wheel tingling vibration at 50-60 mph that they're going to try and decipher. 😔

Last edited:
Reactions: m a x i m u s
That's awesome. You think you are an expert with only 500 miles, just wait until you have 50,000 miles. You will be such an expert then that you will be knowledgably enough to build your own Tesla.
... 50,000 miles ... I'll be building my own Raptors & Starship SN1 in my back yard

Ooo.... interesting fact. In the new Starship Superheavy, the grid fins are powered by Tesla Model 3 motors 😁👍

Elon Musk said may as well use them 👍

Reactions: Phlier
They're great cars in so many ways but the Fremont CA factory SUCKS. The most inconsistent don't give a $hit manufacturing I've seen personally.

My 2021 M3P has 528 miles on it, took delivery in June. I've had every door adjusted, frunk adjusted but still lower than passenger side fender, two windows adjusted, drivers side wiper arm adjusted, multiple missing push clips in the wheel wells missing, interior trim parts refit, scratches on one rear window noted at delivery, flaking paint in a few spots on inside lips of front fenders noticed by my PPF installed, he corrected those.

Car goes to Tesla in two weeks for rear bumper removal and reinstall as its not clipped on correctly on drivers side, also have a steering wheel tingling vibration at 50-60 mph that they're going to try and decipher. 😔
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. My Fremont built 2020 M3LR has been flawless until recently when the interior trim on the driver's side B pillar came loose. I could actually see some wiring thru the gap. I texted Tesla and made an appointment that I only had to wait about 6 days for. When I got there, the service tech approached me before I was halfway out of the car. I gave him my name and showed him the problem. He said that the 2020's had poor quality "clips" that held the trim inlace. They not only replaced the clips on the driver's side B pillar, they also proactively replaced the clips on the B pillar on the passenger side. Total wait time was 35 minutes, and the had plugged the car in for charging when they were done. Totally happy with the experience, except for the 97 mile drive to the service center. But I new about that before I bought the car.

I thought all M3P were made in the US? When did they start making those ones in China?
Sorry, I don't know... sometime early 2021 ??

My neighbour came round for the first time today in his Fremont built M3P... he showed me how out of alignment his doors were.

I let him roam his eye over my new China built facelift model and he was honestly impressed. It's literally perfect he said. I agreed.

... and he's a Tesla Model 3 owner with experience, unlike my newby starstruck eyes.

👍

Reactions: house9
One thing this country really sucks at is quality control. All the American automakers suck at it, not just Tesla. Union workers make a good wage (I don't know what Tesla factory workers make), and for a good wage you should do a good job. But since much of the assembly is done by robots these days, maybe it's the techies & programmers who design, build and program those robots who suck at their jobs just as much or more than the people on the assembly line.

I bought 5 new 2022 Toyota Corolla LE cars for my company last month. I insisted that they were ALL J VIN numbers and made in Japan instead of the Mississippi plant. They are all the most perfect cars I've seen, FLAWLESS build quality. To your point Shelburne, the US positively SUCKS at building cars of quality, always has and probably always will.

Reactions: InternetDude
How do you get 200 mile range - you drive in chill mode?
Not that I'm aware of. My settings are 'Sport' mode.

The journey was a complete mixed bag of urban, dual carriageways, country roads, town traffic jams, motorway & a few full throttle sprints.

30, 40, 50, 60, 70 & 80 mph stints but mostly sticking to speed limits.

It was a very varied speed journey... and I started at 99% charge

Reactions: techzelle