Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P ride stiffer the non P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR+, LR, P- are using the similar setup. They are bumpy and not refine as F*, some owners swapped the performance springs and comment it's lowered, less bumpy and easier to handle in corners. I believe the struts and shocks are the same as other AWD?

Coilovers are adjustable, definitely better ride when everything installed and adjusted properly, also they are expensive.

I tried somebody's SR+ with Tsportline springs, they are $300 a set and much better ride in bumpy city roads.

I doubt the Performance model is lower than the others. If anything it's higher, but that might just be an illusion caused by the ghetto tires. I suspect the current year P and LR share exactly the same suspension components despite Tesla's claim that the P is lower.

I imagine someone must have noted the part numbers of the springs/shocks/etc. by now to see if they are different between models but I haven't seen anything.

Reactions: Scubadriver
I doubt the Performance model is lower than the others. If anything it's higher, but that might just be an illusion caused by the ghetto tires. I suspect the current year P and LR share exactly the same suspension components despite Tesla's claim that the P is lower.

I imagine someone must have noted the part numbers of the springs/shocks/etc. by now to see if they are different between models but I haven't seen anything.

There may have been some models potentially just a bit lower than the nonP, but this 2021 P is as high as my 2019 stealth was.

As for ride stiffness, if you were considering it on a scale of 1-10 stiffness, a nonP car would be a 5 to me, the P is a 7 at most, and I think a lot of that just has to do with the tire and wheel setup.