Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3p Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an order for a M3p and for a M3LR and I have a question about the tires on the M3p.

(1) How many miles should I expect the the tires to last?
(2) I live in the Raleigh-Durham area and we don't get snow but it does get below 30 for a month or 2. Would I be ok keeping the summer tires over the winter?

Thanks!

I have an order for a M3p and for a M3LR and I have a question about the tires on the M3p.

(1) How many miles should I expect the the tires to last?
(2) I live in the Raleigh-Durham area and we don't get snow but it does get below 30 for a month or 2. Would I be ok keeping the summer tires over the winter?

Thanks!

It really depends on how you drive. For the rears, I'd guess 15-20k. You'll be fine running summers year round...if you're a decent driver that is.

anyone else have any opinions. I have searched other forms and some people say don't use summer tires even in the South if it goes below 30. I find it annoying that the M3p comes with summer tires.
They're correct. I wouldn't recommend using summer in sub 30F temperatures.
One of the most common things we do for M3P clients, is to switch to 19" square wheel setup.

You address two issues simultaneously:

-Run a taller profile tire to increase ride comfort and reduce the likeliness of you curbing our bending a wheel on a pothole.
-Allows for tire rotation for more even tire wear.

If you do go down this route, you it may be a good time to mount all-season tires or dedicated winter tires on this setup.

Feel free to message me if you have any further questions!

Thanks,
Danny - [email protected]