Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does it take to balance tires ONCE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a set of new PS4S for my '21 M3P at my local Discount Tire shop, which mounted them on a brand new set of Unplugged forged wheels.
To balance they pasted way too many weight blocks all over all four wheels (silver weights on black wheels showing ugly through the open spoke design!).
Went back and requested to rotate the tires on the wheels (at my expense) to minimize adding balancing weights. They never did it. Claimed it was not needed.
So I went back because of continuing vibrations* and they found several imbalanced wheels as showing on their machine. So they glued another chocolate bar worth of weights on yet another section of the wheels. And I still have vibrations*...

A simple question: does anyone know a wheel/tire shop in my location (greater Portland, Oregon) which don't just go by "good enough is good enough" but who specializes in proper analysis and perfect balancing? I donl;t mind paying because the Unpluggeds are the perfect complement to the Michelins on my M3P.

*never had any vibrations with the Uberturbines and P-zeros.

Bought a set of new PS4S for my '21 M3P at my local Discount Tire shop, which mounted them on a brand new set of Unplugged forged wheels.
To balance they pasted way too many weight blocks all over all four wheels (silver weights on black wheels showing ugly through the open spoke design!).
Went back and requested to rotate the tires on the wheels (at my expense) to minimize adding balancing weights. They never did it. Claimed it was not needed.
So I went back because of continuing vibrations* and they found several imbalanced wheels as showing on their machine. So they glued another chocolate bar worth of weights on yet another section of the wheels. And I still have vibrations*...

A simple question: does anyone know a wheel/tire shop in my location (greater Portland, Oregon) which don't just go by "good enough is good enough" but who specializes in proper analysis and perfect balancing? I donl;t mind paying because the Unpluggeds are the perfect complement to the Michelins on my M3P.

We apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look further in to this to make sure you're taken care of. Hope you don't mind us sending a DM.

If you can't get good results anywhere else, I've heard good things about these folks: