Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maddening rear crackling noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 2022 Model 3 for about 6 months and have had this very persistent crackling sound coming from the rear interior. It sounds like wood burning in a fireplace kind of crackling sound which is worse over rough road but present nearly all of the time. Doesn't seem to matter if rear seat backs are up or down and I've stuffed microfiber cloths between the seat sections thinking the seats may be rubbing against each other. Almost sounds like its coming from the rear shelf but nothing feels loose. Please...any suggestions for a fix other than taking the time to visit the service center (which I've not had much luck with). Thanks in advance!

Rick

Had a rattle near rear of my Y. Found it to be the retaining nut having come lose from the Audio Amp inside rear passenger side fender wall, behind rear wheel. Used Loc-Tite to prevent it from vibrating lose again. I recommend either clear Acrylic silicone or Loc-Tite for any lose components. Happens with almost all new cars.