Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major accident for me tonight (5/26) (New P85 arrives 7/8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any ideas how much you are going to get from the insurance company? How much are they going to hit you on deprecation?

I'm waiting to hear. They are supposed to pay for the cost of a replacement car in identical condition including tax and prorated registration fees. If they lowball me I'm going to fall back on Tesla's equation for selling their loaners $1/mile. I'll be out of pocket $5k and I'll try to recoup that from the other party. My insurance company is going to be doing the settlement numbers so they won't try to skimp on me given that the other party is at fault.

Last edited:
I'm waiting to hear. They are supposed to pay for the cost of a replacement car in identical condition including tax and prorated registration fees. If they lowball me I'm going to fall back on Tesla's equation for selling their loaners $1/mile. I'll be out of pocket $5k and I'll go after the parents of the kid for that. My insurance company is going to be doing the settlement numbers so they won't try to skimp on me given that the other party is at fault.

Good luck, hopefully everything is resolved soon.

I'm waiting to hear. They are supposed to pay for the cost of a replacement car in identical condition including tax and prorated registration fees. If they lowball me I'm going to fall back on Tesla's equation for selling their loaners $1/mile. I'll be out of pocket $5k and I'll go after the parents of the kid for that. My insurance company is going to be doing the settlement numbers so they won't try to skimp on me given that the other party is at fault.

So the perp was some snot-nosed kid?

Picking up my replacement Model S on monday 7/8

Short story: my car was in an accident on 5/25 and declared totaled this week. The story of my accident is here.

I'm picking up a P85 replacement on monday! Same color and options but a P85 instead of a 60.

Man, that P+ was tempting!

BTW, I have a replacement custom license plate already in hand, I was squatting; now that the "60 KWH" no longer applies.

I don't think it was Tesla's service. The driver ignored me when I told him he had to put the car on "skates". He said that because my airbags deployed, it meant my car was totaled and implied that it didn't matter what he did from that point on.
I'm pretty sure the bean counters will disagree strongly on this one. I would relay this anecdote to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy to hear your new wheels are ready soon. This is one occasion where I wouldn't mind them selling one of the SC loaners, even if it was from the SC near me.