Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Managing Samsung Endurance MicroSD for Dashcam/Sentry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I took delivery of my MYLR about 2 weeks ago now. Today I decided to splurge on a MicroSD+USB combo to increase the standard storage compared to the Tesla branded USB.

I got the following:
Question I have is -
Does the car "overwrite" this type of drive? For example if I'm approaching the 256GB for whatever reason, is the car going to delete everything on the drive and start all over?
Might be a silly question, but I've only used MicroSDs where once it's full, it's full. I'd have to manually delete everything on the card to use it again.
I'm not quite sure what everyone's experience is with the endurance cards, as well as what the software will do when it approaches the tail end of storage.

Doesn’t matter what kind of drive you use, they all look like USB drives to the car. In theory, the car is supposed to erase old files (except saved clips) to free up space, but my Tesla-provided USB routinely runs out of space and I have to erase it.

When it starts to reach it capacity it will let you know. Then you can go in and delete those files that you deem unnecessary. I have the same SD and that's what I do.
Thank you for the comment! Glad to hear that you use the same one as well - Looks like I didn't buy a completely random card haha

Doesn’t matter what kind of drive you use, they all look like USB drives to the car. In theory, the car is supposed to erase old files (except saved clips) to free up space, but my Tesla-provided USB routinely runs out of space and I have to erase it.
Thank you for the info! I'll make sure to keep an eye out for messages like that + get in the habit of erasing!