Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map location errors routing errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My note to tesla local service. Brought to them because routing inserted nonsensical loops of going from one supercharger to another and back with 0 minute stops. bSo the map issue gets bigger! My system has been degraded. A) maps load much much slower B) the app is behaving differently too. C) addresses are inconsistent and inaccurate. D) it appears that they have changed the version of map data used in the car… to an old one with out of date information! This is shades of running out of computer memory or power like before.

I have had this 2020 model S car four years. Maps have been recognizing addresses and routing without nonsensical route loops.

A) you have images showing the car going to 2600 instead of 2660 on one street. Car app shows buildings and driveways. Car nav used to but no longer does ( although it does for 2600)

B) you have seen phone app show route properly but transfer to car and it does not.

C) you have seen the app and google on phone show parking lot and provide directions while car nav does not…but did until this spring.

D) you have seen the aerial view in car see every property detail properly.

E) now I have identified another location with out of date address information by at least five (5) years and more likely 10 or 15! I attach photos.

Car Nav two months ago showed williams inn in its real location. Phone app and google still do. Now car map shows it in location that it occupied ten years ago.

This shows car nav with destination entered Williams Inn. FYI this is at Field Park ( a traffic circle).

The phone app showing location since 2018.

The location of the Williams inn in car is at Field Park in upper left corner of map from the app.

F) there are inconsistencies in parked address too in two other cities.

Why would Tesla start referencing an out of date data set? How about their software needs more horsepower and they had to make changes to compensate. So maps lacking data that previously they did have ie old data sets. Slow screen refreshes. Wrong directions.

Not sure how this gets fixed. But fixing is needed.

Attachments

• IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4361.jpeg
    IMG_4361.jpeg
    378.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4369.jpeg
    IMG_4369.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg