Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

map orientation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Closest existing thread I could find for my question:

A recent update (I think it corresponds to FSD Beta getting enabled) has moved the orientation button to the upper LEFT part of the screen. No sweat--until I actually have a route entered. When the navigation menu expands to show route data, it "covers" the orientation button. In other words, the orientation is unavailable when a destination is programmed.

Somewhat annoying, since I occasionally like to toggle views to better understand my route. Is there a setting anywhere I can change this??

Reactions: LJG0053
I noticed this also. I think I was able to make it visible again by collapsing / expanding the route list -- but it is hidden and in a place obviously chosen by a programmer that has never used the navigation application in the car, or tested the new position after programming it. Where do they get these programmers, and the change control personnel, and the testers for program changes before putting them into production? Answer -- there are no such personnel. Hopefully the FSD programming is done with proper implementation steps taken before release, but I am not sure about that either.

Closest existing thread I could find for my question:

A recent update (I think it corresponds to FSD Beta getting enabled) has moved the orientation button to the upper LEFT part of the screen. No sweat--until I actually have a route entered. When the navigation menu expands to show route data, it "covers" the orientation button. In other words, the orientation is unavailable when a destination is programmed.

Somewhat annoying, since I occasionally like to toggle views to better understand my route. Is there a setting anywhere I can change this??
If you tap the map once after starting navigation to destination, the compass symbol and ability to change orientation reappears in upper left (above route list). You can then change at will while actively navigating.

If you tap the map once after starting navigation to destination, the compass symbol and ability to change orientation reappears in upper left (above route list). You can then change at will while actively navigating.

Well....

<<quick, give @SoCal Buzz your best dumb look, and say something clever!!>>

"Uhhhhhhhh......"

OK, that works as advertised. Thanks for the pointer, I hadn't figured that out. I feel a little stupid.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: zoomer0056
Well....

<<quick, give @SoCal Buzz your best dumb look, and say something clever!!>>

"Uhhhhhhhh......"

OK, that works as advertised. Thanks for the pointer, I hadn't figured that out. I feel a little stupid.... :rolleyes:
LoL, well it's not exactly easy to see clustered up there and only pops up if you touch map. However, I really like the map view option that's only available during active navigation, with flyover effect. Try pressing it a few times to cycle through 3 views while on navigation.