Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map thinks route supports 100+ mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all

My model 3 has recently started suggesting a new route on a trip I do regularly. It seems to believe that this route will allow progress at 100mph plus (it will not.....)

Enclosed photo shows the car suggesting that 14 mile route will take seven miutes.

This happens when travelling eastbound on the A299 towards Whitstable in Kent. Rather than taking the turn off for Whitstable the car directs me past Whitstable to the next turn off before coming back along the coast. I do not follow this advice.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

IMG_5457.jpg

Hello all

My model 3 has recently started suggesting a new route on a trip I do regularly. It seems to believe that this route will allow progress at 100mph plus (it will not.....)

Enclosed photo shows the car suggesting that 14 mile route will take seven miutes.

This happens when travelling eastbound on the A299 towards Whitstable in Kent. Rather than taking the turn off for Whitstable the car directs me past Whitstable to the next turn off before coming back along the coast. I do not follow this advice.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

View attachment 836955
What's is the blue button next to the 'cancel' button do, I have not seen this before.

Hi all. Thanks for your thoughts. Google Maps does not show this route so i guess I will wait for a map update and see what happens.
You can make Google maps follow any route you want. Put your start and end location in. If it doesn't follow the precise route as per the Tesla, then just add a waypoint or move the route by clicking on it until a white dot appears and then drag that dot to a point on the Tesla route.

Reactions: Adopado