Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps Auto switching Sat/Day to Map/Night mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work early in the morning and mine had been staying on Sat view over about 3 updates since I got my 3. I remember thinking that the dark mode was somewhat negated by the Sat view since it was brighter but..... Odd that it had been working this (wrong) way and just changed.

Wait a sec, I just read the details of the statement.
I believe that you are saying that not from day to night, but from day-satellite to night normal.

I don't know, I don't leave in satellite. It's too much to comprehend when glancing at the map.

Always (mostly) had it in Sat view and it stayed in Sat view Night mode or Day mode (set to Auto). This morning (and last few since 24.4) it was dark outside and it was in Night Mode and had Map view. Went to the gym and when got back in car it was daylight (and car was in Day Mode) and it was back to Sat View. So now it is now Night Mode=Map View and Day Mode=Sat View. Before it was all Sat view in both Night and Day modes.

yeah, it has been like this since i took delivery of my car a year ago tomorrow. this is not new.

It's been around for at least a year.

It was in 20.4, if not earlier.

Look at what greeted me this morning. Yesterday it was Maps and this morning Satellite.
IMG_1030.jpeg

Wonder if it may have been a HD3 bug that was fixed in 24.4.
Look at what greeted me this morning. Yesterday it was Maps and this morning Satellite.
View attachment 436095

i don't know what to tell you, mine has been (like i said) the same literally since the day i took delivery. in my mind, it makes no sense to have sat view on at night as it makes everything too bright (since obviously satellite views are daytime views)...

i don't know what to tell you, mine has been (like i said) the same literally since the day i took delivery. in my mind, it makes no sense to have sat view on at night as it makes everything too bright (since obviously satellite views are daytime views)...
Think I figured it out. It looks like it "remembers" your last setting in each mode (Day & Night) separately. So have it in Sat on Night and next time it will be the same. Have Map on Day and next time it will be the same. Change either and leave and it will revert to that new setting when it changes back. So looks like it is NOT fixed settings. Others can try changing/testing and see what they get.