Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marble rolling sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a marble rolling sound behind the front row seats. My car is in service currently and their first search they didn’t find anything so they said they have to tear apart further which increases my service fee. I assume they’re going to find a nut or something that’s been rolling around in there and then I wouldn’t have any cost because it will be covered under warranty, but they said if it’s anything else that is at my expense of $500 what are your thoughts? I don’t see it being anything other than a part from the car. But the service tech is making me believe otherwise, I just don’t know if I should have them to diagnose it or not.

Did you check the rear heat vents under the front seats? They are not protected from stuff rolling into them at all. I had a small screwdriver in mine once.

Tesla is going to charge you money if they find something in them.

You could tie a magnet to a string and go fishing for whatever hardware fastener is loose inside the floor vent.

Someone on TMC had good success using a leaf blower to force air into the passenger seat rear floor vent. This caused the loose item to be ejected from the driver side rear floor vent. Clever!