Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my car up yesterday. Couple places it looks like it was waxed by someone that had no idea what they were doing but very happy!
I got mine today. For a new to EV owner, this has been a crazy learning experience. I have so much more to learn about this car.

I should mention that the mobile charger was in the trunk as expected, so I am happily trickle charging the car in the garage right now.

Last edited:
My 2021 Y only came with 120v plug. I have to order a 14-50 and a 14-30 to keep if needed. I have a Tesla wall connector at home. Mobile charger limited to 32 amps and my wall connector can do the full 48 amps.

I do not recommend using mobile charger for daily charging.
Sorry to disagree but the 14-50 should be able to charge my car easily overnight. If you drive a lot and need to fully charge each day, or have multiple EVs, then maybe the 32 amps is not enough, but for a single car with moderate driving it should be fine.

Reactions: MYPDBM and falcon01

Attachments

• A67E1E80-7BB2-4191-A585-5A4088FC5279.jpeg
    A67E1E80-7BB2-4191-A585-5A4088FC5279.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 84
Yep, only the standard 120v plug was included. The 14-50 would have been nice, but not to be.
After reading your message, I just ordered the 14-50 from Tesla Shop. Will sure be nice if they included. My MYP coming early June.

One more QQ from experts here. I got a JuiceBox 40, do I really need a wall charger? Wouldn't the mobile charger do just fine connected to a 240? For daily use.

After reading your message, I just ordered the 14-50 from Tesla Shop. Will sure be nice if they included. My MYP coming early June.

One more QQ from experts here. I got a JuiceBox 40, do I really need a wall charger? Wouldn't the mobile charger do just fine connected to a 240? For daily use.
Yes, a mobile charger will work fine. I have been using mobile charges for my two Teslas for the last four years without any issues. Both cars drive over 100 miles daily. My dad has a wall charger and it looks nice. If I have to install a brand new 240v outlet, i may consider getting a wall charger since the price of a WC Is reasonable.

Yes, a mobile charger will work fine. I have been using mobile charges for my two Teslas for the last four years without any issues. Both cars drive over 100 miles daily. My dad has a wall charger and it looks nice. If I have to install a brand new 240v outlet, i may consider getting a wall charger since the price of a WC Is reasonable.
That's what my plan was, to just use the mobile connector, 30mi/hr is plenty for daily use. I got a deal on the JuiceBox 40 so got it.