Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They offered about 90% of KBB but carmax online quoted me 10% above KBB. 32/36/39,500. I’m sure every trade is different. In some states the sales tax gives a pretty good incentive to trade. In my state the max sales tax on cars is $500. My best option is to sell my trade privately. But now my EDD has slipped to end of year. So ugh 😩
I had a trade in but removed it because it was pointless since the value of the trade in they give you now and the actual trade in on the day of delivery will change since the trade in car would be older and will have more miles. But I still plan to trade in my car however, if the trade value from Tesla and the trade in value from Carmax or any other Auto site that sells car exceeds Tesla by at least $1500. I will sell my car to the other sites or company. I'm in Illinois and my tax is 7%, granted they (Tesla) gives me $15K for my trade in. My car is priced at 65440 which at 7% my taxes is $4580 if I were to finance or pay cash. So $65440-$15k (trade in) is $50440 x7% and my tax will end up being $3530. Difference between $4580 and $3530 is $1020. If other sites offer $16500 or more for my car, I will come out ahead as opposed to trading my car to Tesla, I may pay more sales tax but the difference of $1500 will cushion the higher sales tax. $1500 difference between other sites vs Tesla. $1500 - $1020....I would still have the extra $480 additional cash to pay Tesla. At least, that's how I look at it but someone who's familiar with car financing and taxes could probably confirm my assumption.

So, the date change this morning was apparently a head fake. I just got the VIN text A005XXX. Seems like a pretty low vin number for a July build. Anyway, interesting turn of events today.
Man, I have the same configuration (no FSD,OD 2/28) and got the nov-Jan EDD update last week and switched to MYP. Still hasn’t updated even with MYP. I mean, good for you but makes me wonder if I didn’t switch Would I be getting a Vin now too If I hadn’t switched??? Did you add FSD?

Man, I have the same configuration (no FSD,OD 2/28) and got the nov-Jan EDD update last week and switched to MYP. Still hasn’t updated even with MYP. I mean, good for you but makes me wonder if I didn’t switch Would I be getting a Vin now too If I hadn’t switched??? Did you add FSD?
No FSD. Only $ option is tow. I think I just got lucky and caught a vin coming off the 2170 LR line from Austin.

No FSD. Only $ option is tow. I think I just got lucky and caught a vin coming off the 2170 LR line from Austin.
Aargh, that’s my exact config. Lol. My order date was 2/18. well congratulations, you are definitely a lucky one. My only real complaint is why did they push EVERYONES order back 2 months if they were almost ready to deliver some unless it was a fluke. It could be your location or maybe you might need to thank me for switching….LOL.

I do know people in Texas def got preference and your one of the first we heard from Austin going out of state. Now that I think about it, Maybe someone with our config from the Texas area cancelled or changed configs.

Still no VIN. EDD remains at July 21- Aug 2. Hopefully any day now
What a roller coaster! Here I was from last week to yesterday worrying About my switch, I get my dates this morning and then around noon, I get a vin (Fremont plan) and July 21-27 delivery dates. Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for. Im on vacation till the 24th (out of state) so this is calling it close.

now I have to deal with getting a friend to go over and snap a picture of my odometer so I can finish the trade-in estimate. SA said on trailer from Freemont and scheduled to be there on the 23rd.

Holy *sugar*, I just checked my EDD for the first time today and it moved up a little! And contracted! It moved up 13 days and contracted from an 8-week window to a 6-week window. It's now November 11 to December 23. I'm sure there will be many changes to come but this is exciting progress!

OD 03/08/2022 MYLR, Blue/White, 19", no tow, no FSD
EDD (3/08) August, (3/15) Sept, (6/06) Dec-March 2023, (6/08) Nov 24-Jan 19, (7/19) Nov 11-Dec 23

Holy *sugar*, I just checked my EDD for the first time today and it moved up a little! And contracted! It moved up 13 days and contracted from an 8-week window to a 6-week window. It's now November 11 to December 23. I'm sure there will be many changes to come but this is exciting progress!

OD 03/08/2022 MYLR, Blue/White, 19", no tow, no FSD
EDD (3/08) August, (3/15) Sept, (6/06) Dec-March 2023, (6/08) Nov 24-Jan 19, (7/19) Nov 11-Dec 23
Boooooo🤣🤣,you got me excited with your post, I literally checked mine after reading the post........and no change whatsoever in mine😭😭😭 but I ordered mine 9 days after yours, so maybe I'll see a change in 9 days😅😅

I made the switch to a MYP last night. I have been checking the app constantly for a change in the EDD. I know if can take a couple of days to change, but I apparently have no willpower.
hang in there. I was in your shoes wondering if I made the right choice since the date wouldn’t change. was checking all the time. It can be quick or take 5 days after the switch. Just be ready, when it does happen, you could have 3 weeks or you could get lucky like me and one with your config is already on a truck on its way. If your worried about wether you made the right choice, I dont see any that got the P wishing they got the LR. I haven’t got mine yet so I can’t say. on my fifth day I went from a nov-jan date to a Vin and delivery next week.

Reactions: arbitrage000