Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually switched over to the MYP which brought my EDD from August 31 - October 11 to July 31 - August 9th. Decided for the same reasons you mention that the MYLR was worth the wait, switched back two days later, and I am at September 22 - October 27th.

OD. 3/15/22
MYLR / White / Tow / FSD.

Hoping it comes a little sooner, like everyone else I'm sure.
For all of you that are reluctant to get a MYP due to ride quality-what is that actually based on? Have you driven both versions of the Y?

For all of you that are reluctant to get a MYP due to ride quality-what is that actually based on? Have you driven both versions of the Y?
I actually was able to test drive both the 2022 MYP, MLR, and a 2021 MYLR.

The 2022 MYP is, in my opinion, more comfortable to a noticeable degree than the 2021 MYLR. However the 2022 MYLR still wins for overall comfort. My reasons for buying the Model Y are for comfort and maximum efficiency. Here in Minnesota, the 21" wheels don't appeal to me given that our winters often lead to and leave significant pot holes. Also going to more rural areas, I imagine to myself that there may be scenarios where an extra 15-20 miles may make a comforting difference. So, in short, the comfort and range are more important to me than the handling and acceleration.

I actually didn't test drive or have not driven the MYP. I really could care less about the firmness (having driven both the 03 Corvette and my current 99 Viper) I'm sure the MYP will be much more comfortable compared to those toys. My thing about not switching is my concern that it may delay my delivery more. I know that most of the peeps here who switched actually got an early delivery but with my luck, I will be the one who will have to wait in the back of the line if I were to change my order to MYP. Not rushing to get the care so I might as well wait. Nov to Jan is just around the corner - who knows, my EDD may move up as I go closer to November. :D

Last edited:
I actually didn't test drive or have not driven the MYP. I really could care less about the firmness (having driven both the 03 Corvette and my current 99 Viper) I'm sure the MYP will be much more comfortable compared to those toys. My thing about not switching is my concern that it may delay my delivery more. I know that most of the peeps here who switched actually got an early delivery but with my luck, I will be the one who will have to wait in the back of the line if I were to change my order to MYP. Not rushing to get the care so I might as well wait. Nov to Jan is just around the corner - who knows, my EDD may move up as I go closer to November. :D
We ordered around the same time as you and switched to MYP a few days later. Our current EDD window starts today but so far, no VIN.

We ordered around the same time as you and switched to MYP a few days later. Our current EDD window starts today but so far, no VIN.
I have actually started seeing some MYLR EDDs getting updated and moved up to aug-September timeframe after last weeks push to Nov-Jan. So personally, if I hadn’t switched I would be thinking about holding on as well. Bottom line, they both are great vehicles. Only thing that is disappointing for the MYLR is that when I ordered, I was almost sure I would have gotten the structural battery pack, but it sounds like that is only available as a test on the MYSR.

I feel I got extremely lucky as they found my config after I switched and am picking up my MYP today.

Hope you get your VIN this week. I'm excited for you. 😁👍 I'm still in the Nov-Jan limbo. I wouldn't mind a Thanksgiving or 1 week before Christmas delivery. That would be perfect😅
I'm hanging in right there with you. Ordered 6 days before you and have an EDD range that is 12 days ahead of your range. Of course only got that range after optioning my order as I couldn't stand looking at the Mar-Jun estimate they were giving me after my original Dec estimate.

Reactions: slvervper99
So I finally have a comparison “sort of”. I took delivery today of my MYP. I like many others switched from the MYLR. When I test drove the teslas, I actually test drove a M3LR and the MYLR. When I drove the 3, I loved the way it drove and handled “smooth and sporty”. For some reason when I drove the MYLR, it definitely felt different (just smooth) and almost disappointing that it didnt have that same “sporty” feel but for practical reasons, we still had to go with the Y because we often take our grandchildren or friends when going places.

so taking delivery today felt weird. I literally walked in, examined the car, gave them the check, did a couple of clicks on the app and that was it. As I walked out, I felt I was missing something. No stack of papers, and I kept checking my pockets thinking something was off. I checked again with my normal internal thought process, “keys, wallet, phone?”. oh wait, there’s no keys that’s what’s wrong.

Now back to the comparison. I have to say, once I started driving my MYP, I started to have the same sensation when I drove the 3 that was missing in a nutshell, with the MYP, you now get both feelings of smooth and sporty. Don’t get me wrong, I was feeling the bumps more but on most of the Florida roads, it felt pretty good. I will say however that if I lived in the north, I would prefer the MYLR or at least the MYP with smaller wheels/thicker tires.

As for range, from my brief driving different speeds and looking at the projected range and Wh/mile, I would guess on a flat Florida road the range looks like this… 50-55 mph will give you 300+ mile range, 60 will give you about 280 miles, 70 will give you about 240, and 80 might be something like 200-220 miles. These are just estimates so I wouldn’t really know until I took it on a long trip at steady speed.

We ordered in late March and had to pause once because we went out of town during the predicted June window and our new window was July 20-August 3. On July 20 it got pushed to July 26-August 9 so, like you, we’re entering our window today and hoping for a car and not a delay. Good luck!!!

So I finally have a comparison “sort of”. I took delivery today of my MYP. I like many others switched from the MYLR. When I test drove the teslas, I actually test drove a M3LR and the MYLR. When I drove the 3, I loved the way it drove and handled “smooth and sporty”. For some reason when I drove the MYLR, it definitely felt different (just smooth) and almost disappointing that it didnt have that same “sporty” feel but for practical reasons, we still had to go with the Y because we often take our grandchildren or friends when going places.

so taking delivery today felt weird. I literally walked in, examined the car, gave them the check, did a couple of clicks on the app and that was it. As I walked out, I felt I was missing something. No stack of papers, and I kept checking my pockets thinking something was off. I checked again with my normal internal thought process, “keys, wallet, phone?”. oh wait, there’s no keys that’s what’s wrong.

Now back to the comparison. I have to say, once I started driving my MYP, I started to have the same sensation when I drove the 3 that was missing in a nutshell, with the MYP, you now get both feelings of smooth and sporty. Don’t get me wrong, I was feeling the bumps more but on most of the Florida roads, it felt pretty good. I will say however that if I lived in the north, I would prefer the MYLR or at least the MYP with smaller wheels/thicker tires.

As for range, from my brief driving different speeds and looking at the projected range and Wh/mile, I would guess on a flat Florida road the range looks like this… 50-55 mph will give you 300+ mile range, 60 will give you about 280 miles, 70 will give you about 240, and 80 might be something like 200-220 miles. These are just estimates so I wouldn’t really know until I took it on a long trip at steady speed.
If you change the lighter 19 in wheels and tires with higher sidewall ....won't you get a smoother ride and some additional range....this is what I've been doing last week researching. Some MYP owners switched the 21 in Uberturbine wheels to 19 in T Sportline wheels and supposedly gotten extra miles almost close to MYLR range; so this is an option....maybe? Anyway, hopefully for 2K, the AB would give me the same smooth and sporty feel like my son's M3LR. 😁

If you change the lighter 19 in wheels and tires with higher sidewall ....won't you get a smoother ride and some additional range....this is what I've been doing last week researching. Some MYP owners switched the 21 in Uberturbine wheels to 19 in T Sportline wheels and supposedly gotten extra miles almost close to MYLR range; so this is an option....maybe? Anyway, hopefully for 2K, the AB would give me the same smooth and sporty feel like my son's M3LR. 😁
That’s our plan. We want maximum range but we opted for the MYP because it’s faster… to be delivered.

Reactions: slvervper99