Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my delivery scheduled for tomorrow. But Tesla SA called at 11AM today for payment and told they can deliver it to our home today if we want and the delivery driver will also take back the vehicle we are trading-in. So we did that and the process was pretty smooth. Vehicle came with cargo cover, no USS, old cameras, and no matrix.

Reactions: John Haffner
Had my delivery scheduled for tomorrow. But Tesla SA called at 11AM today for payment and told they can deliver it to our home today if we want and the delivery driver will also take back the vehicle we are trading-in. So we did that and the process was pretty smooth. Vehicle came with cargo cover, no USS, old cameras, and no matrix.
Congratulations. Did you use loan alongside your trade in? If yes, was it Tesla loan. I got approved for their loan today at 6.75%, i thought that was too much, especially that i am loaning only 25k out of total 80k, so i did not confirm it, i just left it hanging there, hoping i can get loan outside Tesla. I am wondering if this will delay my delivery process, since i can't move forward without confirming the loan. Also there is no option to cancel the loan and go back to choose cash or 3rd party lender etc. Can anybody provide advise? My scheduled delivery is 11/17.

Congratulations. Did you use loan alongside your trade in? If yes, was it Tesla loan. I got approved for their loan today at 6.75%, i thought that was too much, especially that i am loaning only 25k out of total 80k, so i did not confirm it, i just left it hanging there, hoping i can get loan outside Tesla. I am wondering if this will delay my delivery process, since i can't move forward without confirming the loan. Also there is no option to cancel the loan and go back to choose cash or 3rd party lender etc. Can anybody provide advise? My scheduled delivery is 11/17.
Same boat as you @Shexy - we haven’t officially applied for Tesla financing but this rate is similar to what we were quoted through 3rd party Adelfi after committing to putting 25k down on the $70k. We’ve decided that this will be our backup if Teslas rate is higher. I suggest having or trying your local CU to see if you can secure a better rate, but always have a backup.

I’m assuming you can also contact your local SA/delivery center and let them know to open the financing portion back up when you have more answers.

I’m assuming you can also contact your local SA/delivery center and let them know to open the financing portion back up when you have more answers.

Mine was in cash payment mode until 2 days ago when i went to local tesla showroom, where they helped change to financing.

i did put FedChoice for now. did apply to lock in rates. (4.3% less 1% for new members).

(My EDD was 11/12-11/22. rececied ViN last night and EDD changed to 11/14-11/22)

Last edited:
Same boat as you @Shexy - we haven’t officially applied for Tesla financing but this rate is similar to what we were quoted through 3rd party Adelfi after committing to putting 25k down on the $70k. We’ve decided that this will be our backup if Teslas rate is higher. I suggest having or trying your local CU to see if you can secure a better rate, but always have a backup.

Thank you so much. I will definately visit or give them a call then.

Reactions: smallindiana
Since receiving the VIN last night, i see Tesla automatically assigned a delivery date for Monday 😓. but i have not received any of the documents (MVPA..) needed to process the loan.(i suspect would need two working days for bank to finalize loan and send wire)

I have not been in touch with any SA over phone/text. Any input on where to contact would be appreciated.

Since receiving the VIN last night, i see Tesla automatically assigned a delivery date for Monday 😓. but i have not received any of the documents (MVPA..) needed to process the loan.(i suspect would need two working days for bank to finalize loan and send wire)

I have not been in touch with any SA over phone/text. Any input on where to contact would be appreciated.
When I ordered I immediately received an email from our “home” delivery center. That is the person I have been communicating with over the last several months.

Reactions: arnathan
Yes, I got a tesla loan at 5.74%, and the provider is U.S. Bank. Tesla SA can re-enable any option that you cannot access I believe. I had initially chosen all cash and then requested him to change it to finance.

From my early 2022 experience on a MYLR:
Delivery window automatically scheduled without email or txt, found by myself through app accidentally. Loan was not ready. I completed rest of the tasks (insurance etc.) and I drove the vehicle away on delivery day. The third-party loan payment was delivered to Tesla 4 days later...

Potentially a legal disaster (if my loan was rejected or I cancelled the loan) due to lack of coordination among Tesla Sales, Delivery Operations, and Funding Team.

No surprise here this morning. First day of my two week EDD I woke up to a new EDD Dec 17-Dec 31, well at least it is still holding a two week window. That is change number 10. Maybe that's the golden number?
Seems like most March orders are getting pushed to the end of the year. My best guess (since Tesla is so unpredictable now) is that we will see a lot of deliveries next month...a lot more than November....probably for the January 2023 - 4th quarter earnings and not because to delay them to January for the Fed Tax EV credits qualifications.

Very few non MYP with white interior appear to be getting delivered so far this month.

Likely there is a supplier issue going on with that seating material.
I was kind of hoping they were timing the east coast deliveries of the white interior to match the start of white interior production out of Austin as I would rather have the car with front casting and new structural battery pack mounting system. At this point I only really care about a 2023 model. New Cameras, and hatchback shelf would be a nice to have bonus.

Tesla really appears to be screwing early March orders before the pricing increases. My buddy who lives 5 miles away purchased the same car with black interior 2.5 months later than me in late May and has an EDD now in mid December only 3 weeks later than my window. Sorry but there is no way that happens without many higher profit margin cars being delivered in front of us on purpose. It is almost like they are purposefully trying to get those buyers to cancel so they can sell at todays higher prices. Hopefully my car ownership experience is better than my car buying experience. Anything past 12/4 really helps me out, so in the end it should all work out. At least my Model Y LR 19” wheel covers will be in. These things look much better than the stock covers IMHO and protect the rims from curb rash incidents.

Last edited:
I was kind of hoping they were timing the east coast deliveries of the white interior to match the start of white interior production out of Austin as I would rather have the car with front casting and new structural battery pack mounting system. At this point I only really care about a 2023 model. New Cameras, and hatchback shelf would be a nice to have bonus.

Tesla really appears to be screwing early March orders before the pricing increases. My buddy who lives 5 miles away purchased the same car with black interior 2.5 months later than me in late May and has an EDD now in mid December only 3 weeks later than my window. Sorry but there is no way that happens without many higher profit margin cars being delivered in front of us on purpose. It is almost like they are purposefully trying to get those buyers to cancel so they can sell at todays higher prices. Hopefully my car ownership experience is better than my car buying experience. Anything past 12/4 really helps me out, so in the end it should all work out. At least my Model Y LR 19” wheel covers will be in. These things look much better than the stock covers IMHO and protect the rims from curb rash incidents.

I hate to rub salt in the wounds but as a MAY order my delivery window is in December as well. I regularly monitor the other month boards to see what delivery looks like. I think March delivery’s have been consistent in getting bins lately. Not a ton of April deliveries, but then a slew of March VINs.

Reactions: John Haffner
Tesla really appears to be screwing early March orders before the pricing increases. My buddy who lives 5 miles away purchased the same car with black interior 2.5 months later than me in late May and has an EDD now in mid December only 3 weeks later than my window. Sorry but there is no way that happens without many higher profit margin cars being delivered in front of us on purpose. It is almost like they are purposefully trying to get those buyers to cancel so they can sell at todays higher prices. Hopefully my car ownership experience is better than my car buying experience. Anything past 12/4 really helps me out, so in the end it should all work out.
Yea, I kinda wonder what it's going on. I preordered an option-less MSM LR5 on March 1, and my EDD is 12/4-12/31 (delivery to Rockville, MD.) I guess if I were in Tesla's shoes, I would try to push the higher margin cars out first too lol. I imagine the newer orders are more likely to cancel than the older ones.