Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no VIN on my Model X Tax Edition.
Ordered 2/24, estimated delivery date Feb-Mar 2024, then March 2024, then March 18th-April 22nd and staying steady there. Will cancel my order on 3/31 since I will lose all incentives at that point--free FSD transfer from my 2020 Model Y LR, $1,000 off for Cybertruck reservation plus 10,000 supercharging miles for trade-in and purchase. I'll keep the Model Y at that point as there is noihing wrong with it, and not worth the hassle unless they guarantee me in writing I will still get all the incentives. Plus I have 46 Tesla solar panels and a Powerwall and just applied for early Cybertruck order since I am a qualified Tesla shareholder. Figured I would have had at least a VIN by now based on other posts from people here in Denver area.
I would definitely ask them first if they will honor your incentives before you cancel. Since the EDD when you placed your order was up to March 2024, they may consider the delay on them and honor all the promotions.

I have my MXP order on hold at the moment because I don't really need it and I don't get much of the incentives. The funny thing is I got the invite to get the foundation cybertruck yesterday and I am seriously considering it, although I would rather just get it minus FSD and the other stuff and save 20K.

So my EDD updated last week to 3/23 - 4/13. Hasn’t changed yet so do you guys think I’m still gonna get this VIN soon? Would love to have it before my trade in expires on 4/4. Don’t really care about the supercharging miles

Raleigh, NC here, MXP order

Order Date February 23, 2024
Check Back Later Estimated Delivery March 24 - April 28
Vin #1 on March 12, 2024
-- change to cream interior --
Check Back Later Estimated Delivery March 28 - April 4
Vin #2 on March 15, 2024

Currently mulling over following:
Accept Order Changes
Review and Accept --> Tesla Vision --> Proceed With Delivery

Curious, if you have picked up your X. I am in line with you to pick mine up next week in Denver.
Just picked it up this afternoon!

There was some blue paint on the interior door jamb and next to the seats, but they fixed it right away and I accepted.

Car looked good to me. Of course, as soon as I got home, my wife noticed that the rear seat (driver’s side) wouldn’t recline. So I already have a service appt request put in. Hahah.

But otherwise, I didn’t see any issues. Drove nice and quiet, rattle free and vibration free, on the 30 min drive home.

That green thing in the first pic is some kind of reflection or something. Nothing is there on the car itself.

Attachments

• IMG_8050.jpeg
    IMG_8050.jpeg
    898.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8052.jpeg
    IMG_8052.jpeg
    804.7 KB · Views: 7

There was some blue paint on the interior door jamb and next to the seats, but they fixed it right away and I accepted.

Car looked good to me. Of course, as soon as I got home, my wife noticed that the rear seat (driver’s side) wouldn’t recline. So I already have a service appt request put in. Hahah.

But otherwise, I didn’t see any issues. Drove nice and quiet, rattle free and vibration free, on the 30 min drive home.

That green thing in the first pic is some kind of reflection or something. Nothing is there on the car itself.
Love it, thanks for the update! color looks good, I am excited.

Reactions: duck_on_quack

Gorgeous!!!

Reactions: duck_on_quack

How much percentage is the factory tint?

I would definitely ask them first if they will honor your incentives before you cancel. Since the EDD when you placed your order was up to March 2024, they may consider the delay on them and honor all the promotions.

I have my MXP order on hold at the moment because I don't really need it and I don't get much of the incentives. The funny thing is I got the invite to get the foundation cybertruck yesterday and I am seriously considering it, although I would rather just get it minus FSD and the other stuff and save 20K.
Yeah I may not go thru with the Cybertruck order right now as I really want the X. Like you said save the 20K and get it later when prices calm down. I had to mess with my 401K to get my income within limits for EV credit. Thats ok though more $$ for retirement. Might as well get the price down as low as possible. $66,490 for the X is not bad after $12,500 in tax credits, $1,000 off for Cybertruck reservation, plus all the incentives including my FSD transfer which only cost me 7k 4 years ago.

Reactions: SNY126
Your situat
Yeah I may not go thru with the Cybertruck order right now as I really want the X. Like you said save the 20K and get it later when prices calm down. I had to mess with my 401K to get my income within limits for EV credit. Thats ok though more $$ for retirement. Might as well get the price down as low as possible. $66,490 for the X is not bad after $12,500 in tax credits, $1,000 off for Cybertruck reservation, plus all the incentives including my FSD transfer which only cost me 7k 4 years ago.
Your situation is a no brainer. Hope they honor your incentives past March or better yet get your car before month end.

Some time today (3/19) a newly configured Model X went from an estimated delivery of March to March - April. This is for delivery near the Fremont factory, so no significant transit time.
My EDD changed to March 22- April 12th now. Texted them yesterday and advisor says still no VIN even though they are showing a payment due now in Tesla app that is grayed out so I cant pay it anyway but it wasn't there before. Makes no sense how other tabs change in the app but the mvpa tab is still the same as there is no VIN yet. Keep waiting I guess and hope for the best. Fortunately, I work right down the road from then Tesla Delivery/Service Center here in CO. People there are usually really friendly and I've never had issues with any service I've had which is mainly replacing cracked windshields due to all the rocks on the road here.

My EDD changed to March 22- April 12th now. Texted them yesterday and advisor says still no VIN even though they are showing a payment due now in Tesla app that is grayed out so I cant pay it anyway but it wasn't there before. Makes no sense how other tabs change in the app but the mvpa tab is still the same as there is no VIN yet. Keep waiting I guess and hope for the best. Fortunately, I work right down the road from then Tesla Delivery/Service Center here in CO. People there are usually really friendly and I've never had issues with any service I've had which is mainly replacing cracked windshields due to all the rocks on the road here.
I have nearly the same EDD. March 23 - April 13, but I’m on the east coast so I wonder if we’ll get our cars before the month ends.

Anyone think that "on April 1", X's page in Tesla site will update to show these (rumored) features pop up? Given the (most) folks are dismissing them, i'm guessing most (if not all) do not care, and just pick the car up, given we are ~11 days aware from start of next quarter.