Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market value for Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bro i think the body shop is going to ask for more $ eventually. Your hit is definately a total loss tbh. Shops want to make $ and they make nothing on a total loss.

I’d ask the shop for a full detailed breakdown of the parts they are sourcing as oem original (new) and not off some salvage wrecked tesla to save costs. Your insurance should have clauses stipulating whether it can repaired with Afmrkwt or original parts. I suspect the cost of parts alone will be 16k. And being an aluminum frame, and new susp parts you’ll need…I doubt it will never drive the same once repaired. This is a Plaid…a rocket on wheels with carefully calibrated tech/machinery from the factory. No aftermarket body shop can hope to replicate the calibration. Body damage? Sure.
You were right. The new estimate is now $44,000 total and the current value of my 2021 Plaid with 62,000 miles on it is simply garbage. I am getting appraisal amounts of between $53k-62k. GAP insurance is my friend here. I am talking with State Farm to see if they declare the vehicle a total loss or not. Let's see what happens here.

Reactions: Destiny1701
You were right. The new estimate is now $44,000 total and the current value of my 2021 Plaid with 62,000 miles on it is simply garbage. I am getting appraisal amounts of between $53k-62k. GAP insurance is my friend here. I am talking with State Farm to see if they declare the vehicle a total loss or not. Let's see what happens here.

"My bet is there's no way that's $15.9K to fix. It's all part of the game. The body shop will start tearing it apart, and once it's all in pieces and they have eaten up the $15.9K, they will hit the insurance with a surprise estimate of another $30K to fix the car. They.do.it.all.the.time."

I should get some kind of award, maybe a Nobel Prize, for calling it so closely. My guess was a $45.9K final bill. Like I've said before, all the body shops have figured out how to game the insurance companies. Now they all own mansions and fleets of exotic cars at the expense of our higher premiums.