Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martin's Roadster is finally delivered!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picture of the keys themselves would be good. Also, a couple pictures of that screen off to the left side that displays infomation. A couple pics to show all the info it displays. How about a picture of the odometer? I don't know where the odometer is in the Roadster!

Is this news?

Tesla Motors had another historic moment late last week. The EPA's latest government fuel economy report says the electric startup gets a 2008 Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rating of 244 mpg, according to Automotive News. The federal CAFE standard for cars is 27.5 mpg. Tesla earlier had said a Tesla Roadster ran for 245 miles on the combined EPA cycle on a single charge: 235 on the EPA highway cycle, 255 on the EPA city cycle, according to a press release on the corporate Web site.

I haven't heard 245 mile average range before.

Picture Request

Please post a picture of the cupholder, showing its location. Have a cup in it to make it obvious to dummies like me.

This should obviously be a low priority, long after sequences showing proper entry and exit technique, with and without a skirt.

I'm just curious.

Enjoy that beautiful car!

Cup holder? We don't need no stinkin' cup holder!
(There is none, thank goodness.)

Actually there is and we have covered it in these pages.

Here's a shot it took of it:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/atta...t-know-aout-tesla-roadster-cup-holder-tny.jpg

It flips out so you never see it in pictures.

Also I recently saw a picture of the center console that had something that looked "holderish". Like a little (red) platform. The shot was really dark so it was hard to tell exactly what it was.

We really struggled as to where to put a cupholder in the Roadster's small interior. Marc was adamant that we had at least one - he often stops at Peets for coffee on the way to work: where would you put a cup of hot coffee when you are driving alone, he asked.

My old Z3 has no cupholder and it sucks. I have spilled more coffee in that car... I finally figured out that I could remove the silly cassette tape holder thingy in the console, and a cup of coffee will kind of wedge into the resulting hole.

The Roadster's cupholder is useful when you are driving alone. When you have a passenger, it is in the way. But then again, you can ask your passenger to hold your coffee if need be.

Also I recently saw a picture of the center console that had something that looked "holderish". Like a little (red) platform. The shot was really dark so it was hard to tell exactly what it was.

Yes it's odd. I think it's illuminated from above by the courtesy light. (Compare these images)

2590187953_d258760ceb_b.jpg

2591022656_7858e82b43_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Malcom! Could not find this.

Don't think the tray is red from lighting though. The highlites would be colored too. I think it's just red to match the accents like the gearshift knob.

Looks like there are two 12V accessory plugs above the "tray" front and back (cap off) and something else like a button or knob above 12V socket on the front.

If you place an unrestrained cup of fluid on that tray it would not last long and it would be hard to use the sockets. Besides you can see the "hidden" cup holder in the console closer to the seat.

So is it a place for a cell phone, ipod, coins, a writing pad (for writing down the #s of those chicks that Martin says you will get) or is it.

Sigh,
I have too much time on my hands...

Speaking of Marc, is he also waiting for his Roadster?
I'd guess he is but I can't remember any mention of that anywhere?

Marc didn't order a Roadster - he's just not a 2-seater convertible kind of guy. Especially so now that he has 3 kids!

Marc is much more a Whitestar customer. Perhaps when that car comes out it will still appeal to him.

But Marc was the first person after Carolyn and me to drive mine. And judging by his grin, I think he kind of liked it :smile::eek::biggrin:

Anyone care to guess who the next driver will be?

Last edited: