TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Maryland EV tax credit?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by alpinebum1, Jul 18, 2018.

1. alpinebum1

alpinebum1 Member

The Maryland MVA website states the Maryland EV tax credit is "subject to the availability of funding". Changing my order from AWD to RWD (mainly due to better range) has brought my cost below the Maryland limit of $60k. Does anybody know what the status of the EV credit funding is? Has anybody recently received it for a Model 3 delivery?

2. PHd410

PHd410 Member

@alpinebum1, I don’t have any info on the credit but suggest you can write to the Program manager to inquire. I emailed the Program Manager for the Equipment and Installation rebate and he has been very responsive. FYI, If you’re getting 14-50 installed, you’ll need to submit a photo of the car plugged into the outlet. The electrician is coming Friday to do ours. I stopped by Owings Mills tonight on my way home and found my VIN on the lot. Delivery is scheduled for next Thursday.

Saw my first Model 3 on the road yesterday. Pulled in behind him on I-70 in HoCo. He was enjoying autopilot as both hands where on his phone. Nice looking MSM with temp tags.

• Like x 1
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

See the regional forum for more into on these programs. That’s where we usually discuss these topics.

I’d thought MD was out of funds for this. Has it been replenished?

Edit: looks like the EVSE program is going strong:

MD - EVSE Rebate Program 2.0

• Like x 1
  4. alpinebum1

alpinebum1 Member

Excellent. I have a 100amp garage panel and HPWC getting installed next week. I'll be sure to get the paperwork submitted promptly upon completion. The M3 should be showing up in 1-3 months. Can't wait!

• Like x 1