Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maryland Excise Tax Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the direct email address @AKinDC . I was able to reach them through the normal MVA contact form, but it took a few internal redirects.

Judging by the letter sent out to dealerships, if your form was received by the MVA by May 29, 2019 you should receive funding starting in July 2019. If funding is reauthorized (which is not guaranteed, contact your state reps!), everyone who submitted after that point should be in the waitlist for July 2020.

Ugh...I bought in mid-May, they received my application (had to wait to get the title before I could apply) the second week in June.
I missed the funding window by about 10 days.
Dammit.
Now I have to cross my fingers that they re-fund the program, or I'll be out 3K.

Ugh...I bought in mid-May, they received my application (had to wait to get the title before I could apply) the second week in June.
I missed the funding window by about 10 days.
Dammit.
Now I have to cross my fingers that they re-fund the program, or I'll be out 3K.

Politically, I think there's a good chance it will be renewed in some form or another. The state has a commitment to 60,000 ZEVs (PHEVs + EVs) by 2020, and 300,000 by 2025.

The state just hit 20,000 in May... https://opendata.maryland.gov/Trans...d-Hybrid-Vehicle-Registrations-by-C/qtcv-n3tc

• Informative
Reactions: AKinDC
I saw that the MVA was already out of money on day 1 so I emailed them today. My application was dated May 14th and they told me I am not on the list to get the rebate for the 2020 fiscal year so now I have to wait another year to see if they add funds.

I got my M3 back in November 2018 and received my title in December and literally sent the form the next day. Of course I had to wait until July for any chance at a check. However, I called them yesterday and the woman I spoke to was very nice and was able to find me in the system and said I should be revealing my check before September. In fact they have to recheck all the applicant info before it can be sent to the comptroller for the check to be issued. She starred my account which bumped me to the head of the list. She also mentioned that starting today, July 2nd, is the first actual day of processing all withheld applications. So if anyone bought and filed around the same time, you should be 3k wealthier come the fall . Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I got my M3 back in November 2018 and received my title in December and literally sent the form the next day. Of course I had to wait until July for any chance at a check. However, I called them yesterday and the woman I spoke to was very nice and was able to find me in the system and said I should be revealing my check before September. In fact they have to recheck all the applicant info before it can be sent to the comptroller for the check to be issued. She starred my account which bumped me to the head of the list. She also mentioned that starting today, July 2nd, is the first actual day of processing all withheld applications. So if anyone bought and filed around the same time, you should be 3k wealthier come the fall . Good luck!

Wow. September. You think they could have been processing the waitlisted applicants as they received them so funds would be ready to send out this month.

Oh well, better late than never...

I had to give them all my info. I didn’t remember the date they told me it was May 14th when they got it. I gave them my title number and registration info so they could look everything up.

I just saw the banner on the MVA page regarding the depleted funds. I hand delivered my application to the MVA on May 7th. This morning, I got an immediate response from the MVA e-mail contact stating that I am on the list for next fiscal year's expected refunds, processed after July 2020 (if funds are allocated from the State). So, I will wait with you and the others for another 13+ months.

• Helpful
I just saw the banner on the MVA page regarding the depleted funds. I hand delivered my application to the MVA on May 7th. This morning, I got an immediate response from the MVA e-mail contact stating that I am on the list for next fiscal year's expected refunds, processed after July 2020 (if funds are allocated from the State). So, I will wait with you and the others for another 13+ months.
Do people normally receives confirmation email? I never gotten any response, emails or otherwise.

This is an old thread, but I just emailed the MVA and was notified they never received my Excise Tax Credit request form. I mailed it last year at the same time I applied for the HOV sticker, which I promptly received. My delivery was 11/28/18, so I missed last years credit by days, and now it appears I get to stand at the very back of the line.

Just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know that I did recieve my check yesterday. Such a relief to have completed a main reason for my car purchase. I know people complain about tesla prices fluctuating but I really don't care because I have now saved 10.9k on my car thanks to federal and state incentives. I hope everyone else was able to get the same amount of money back. Keep an eye on that mailbox!

Last edited:
Just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know that I did recieve my check yesterday. Such a relief to have completed a main reason for my car purchase. I know people complain about tesla prices fluctuating but I really don't care because I have now saved 10.9k on my car thanks to federal and state incentives. I hope everyone else was able to get the same amount of money back. Keep an eye on that mailbox!

Thanks for the update! May I ask when you filed? The MVA says they received our form mid-April, and got the stock reply of "If you have not gotten a refund by late September you can email or call to possibly check where you are in the processing stage."

Excitedly ran out to my mailbox when I saw your message only to find a tax bill! :p

Still waiting on the MEA EVSE rebate check as well...

I mailed the form in around the middle of December from a purchase at the beginning of November. I literally missed the 2018 money by about 3 weeks.

My EVSE rebate came in about 2 weeks time. I was shocked at how fast the turn around time was.

• Informative
Got home to a nice surprise in the mail! MVA actually beat the MEA to the punch. My form was received April 15th, so all the checks must be going out pretty rapid-fire right now. Maybe they needed extra time at the beginning to determine where the cutoff was, and now have started sending out the funds en-masse once that determination was made.