TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Marylanders: where did you go to secure financing?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by cmyke, Aug 8, 2018.

1. cmyke

cmyke Member

I've seen lots of threads for percentages, but without running my credit a million times through various online applications, it's hard to tell which ones service people who live in Maryland.

I'm preapproved for a 5% loan, but can certainly do better than that.

Who did you secure financing through?

2. DarrenK

DarrenK Member

John Hopkins Federal Credit Union. In addition to a low rate, they rebate 1% of the loan amount to you. I did the math, and even though they were a smidge higher than one other credit union (SECU) the 1% payment made it a better deal. Membership is semi-restricted but a lot of folks in this area are alumni and can join (or a spouse can join and then you can join)

3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

I thought that Tesla was lower than that.

4. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

5. cmyke

cmyke Member

Was able to get 2.49% through Tower, based out of Laurel. Thanks, all!

6. cmalinowski

cmalinowski Member

Used Tesla at 1.74% for MS 100D. Think they are higher for other cars, including MS 75D, but not sure.

7. Damien Sandow

Damien Sandow Member

Look into APL Federal Credit Union. If you live, work, go to school in Howard county or have a family member that is a member you are eligible. They do 1.99% on all terms short or long and new or used. They've been great.

8. cmalinowski

cmalinowski Member

Howard County Education federal credit union has 2% as well I believe. I think students in HoCo schools can be members, so I'm guessing that would expand to parents of students, but I don't know.