Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte Black Emblem Caps?

Kobicue

Jan 7, 2020
Houston
So i painted my tesla T emblems matte black and it came out ok. The front better then the rear. I took my car to get ceramic coated yesterday and got it back today. Came out beautiful but i noticed some of the edges on the rear tesla "T" emblem is showing chrome ... which im assuming may have been from the detailers polishing my car. No big deal but now that ive noticed it, its gonna bother me til i correct it.

I was originally going to find a already painted "T" badges and reapply it but then i come across RPM Teslas "Model Y plastic molded T caps" that suppose to go directly ontop of the "T" badge. Dont see any reviews on it but it may make things easier as i would avoid having to take it off, and reapply the new badge directly and hope the ceramic coating around the area is affected.

Anyone have it?

Reactions: CO_MY

52 16 57 39

BioDiesel & Electrons
Nov 20, 2020
Tacoma, WA
I could not find blacked out badges for a fair price, so I purchased 3-M double sided emblem tape, used fishing line to remove the chrome emblems on the tail.

I painted the “T” matte black myself and reapplied in the same location. I purchased the matte black dual motor emblem from Abstract Ocean as that would be a PITA to paint and then realign all those letters.
8A95A60D-667C-4663-874E-61094536FD6D.jpeg
30C173F7-0E2C-4A0B-9CE5-D176DA3422E2.jpeg
DFD5930D-23C9-4D39-A81D-5A61A3DFE52E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Modulus1

GH0ST

Apr 22, 2021
California
It's only the back btw. Don't need to put on the fronts since those came out nice.
Nice work. I just purchased a set of t caps from RPM and my black emblem doesn’t have any gap in between the upper crest and the T. Did you do anything different other that push upward on the crest and down on the T? Thanks!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC