Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum Tires Size Model Y Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to determine what the maximum tires size anyone can confirm so far on the MYP. I just swapped over to my winter setup, but will to replace the Pirelli’s come next spring. I am running 20mm spacer in the front and 25mm spacers in the rear.

I would like to run Vredestein Quatrac Pro’s.
Front:
275/40R21
Rear:
285/40R21

I believe I have seen some members post the rear size being okay, but I believe the front might be a little ambitious?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Disagree
Reactions: Golfer and You.
Solution
I run 265/40R21 on the front and would not suggest going any larger — thus I agree with your intuition that 275/40R21 is a bit “ambitious”. I can virtually guarantee significant rubbing should this size rubber be mounted on the MYP with stock Uberturbines.

With regard to the proposed size for the rear axle, you can confidently mount your proposed spec (285/40R21) without issue.

Good luck.
When you get in your 40’s. You realize how many meaningless things you’ve done in life. Rotating tires is one. I stopped in my 30’s. No regrets. I also don’t pay for warranty for tires. I’m a Rebel. 😂
I’m 47 and have worked in or around the auto industry since college. I wasn’t going to post this meme, but the more you reply the more appropriate it becomes.

IMG_6299.jpeg

Upvote 0
If U Pros belong to Costco, then do [Tesla] flat tire for a fee and rotation/balance for $26 (just check yesterday). At Costco tire center that all they do besides selling tires, so I trust them more than others
If you buy your tires from Costco. Isn’t it free? That’s what I was told. I’m in Texas.

Upvote 0
If you buy your tires from Costco. Isn’t it free? That’s what I was told. I’m in Texas.
Yes, If U buy tires from Costco then any tire rotation/balance or tire plug at service center are free of Charge.
New Tesla tires don't come from Costco and I am surprised that they even do those services for a minimum . Ive been a Costco member for almost 25 yrs and love it

Reactions: Jones1
Upvote 0