Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 Keypad unlock issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a problem occasionally unlocking my car via the keypad. It would not register occasionally and some other times freeze or the numbers will just be pressed down with other numbers you press. Look at video for example.

I reset the car and usually fixes it but it doesn’t seem practical doing it everytime.

Any feedback is appreciated - Thank you

You are right, its not practical every time. You didn't mention what year your car is. First, I recommend putting your car in Screen cleaning mode and clean it. It could be the collected oil from your hands on the screen. I hope so for you. If yours is a MCU1 Tesla such as from 2012-2017ish, your MCU1 is sluggish over time and it could be a delayed/slow response that is common on the older cars. I hope for you that its if not the dirty screen.

I am posting a link here too. If your MCU is starting to fail, you might also see this behavior in your keypad. Read this first post of this thread. If you see some of these things also on your car, the MCU is probably failing. It will only get worse until replaced/repaired.