Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 w/NVIDIA Tegra blacking out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2012 MS P85 w/MCU1 - Have NVIDIA Tegra infotainment processor. Yesterday my center screen intermittently went black for several minutes. Then came back on after getting back in the car. Then went black again. Just did "four finger" reset. Seems OK now.

I know this was an issue with the old eMCC but I have the NVIDIA. Thoughts?

Yeah, I had similar problems before I got the emmc chip replaced.

You should save up and get the MCU replaced with MCU2. I have my service arranged for next month. I've been kicking the can down the road for almost a year now and finally have the money to do it ($1,800).

The new MCU2 fixes everything and it's SO much faster.

You should save up and get the MCU replaced with MCU2. I have my service arranged for next month. I've been kicking the can down the road for almost a year now and finally have the money to do it ($1,800).

Thx.

Thx for the info. If you have lifetime Free Connectivity, will you be able to keep it?