Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mcu2 holiday update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you get anything useful, besides the remote fart, e.g. remote sentry camera, fixed auto wipers, fixed auto high beams, customizable “nerdy” screen (like the MYP)?
In the 2015s and up they have the cameras so they probably have sentry mode, but mine has the auto wipers when rain hits the windshield, same with auto beams, cold weather package and premium audio as well. However, I don't know what the nerdy screen is you're referring too.

2020 MSLR here. Even though I have the cameras they are not showing in the app when sentry mode is activated.

You are lucky to have the regular rain sensors vs. cameras for wipers and high beams. Cameras are very inconsistent - dry wipes, flashing at the mood and road signs, etc. The major issue is that after they disabled the radar the AP automatically turns on the auto wipers and auto high beams which makes the AP pretty much useless at night or if it rains.

For MY they introduced “track mode” that shows you interesting relevant data. Not at the level of TesLAX or ScanMyTesla but still better than the default screen.

Reactions: Stayfly2407
No, it hasn't moved or been split like the 3/Y. They kept it on the top left but the next turn on the top of the navigation list is larger like the 3/Y so it makes it easier to read.
Interesting....actually considering finally making the plunge to v11. I'm still on v10. Though to be honest, not sure its worth it at this point. Still really don't see any main advantages to v11 over v10 for legacy. It's not like I would have any new useful features like Blind Spot Camera or remote sentry since they are leaving us out in the cold with those features.

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
Interesting....actually considering finally making the plunge to v11. I'm still on v10. Though to be honest, not sure its worth it at this point. Still really don't see any main advantages to v11 over v10 for legacy. It's not like I would have any new useful features like Blind Spot Camera or remote sentry since they are leaving us out in the cold with those features.
I would recommend going from v10 to v11. I was on v10 2021.44.6 (Pre-2021 holiday update) and jumped to v11 in Sept. The HVAC controls take a little getting used to but everything else I think it better.
  • Tiny increase in charging speeds for me. Before v11 my max charge rate was 112, after the update I have been able to hit 117 kW. That may not be the same for you but ever little bit helps.
  • Infotainment seems as snappy/fast as ever
  • Service menu doesn't have as much stuff in it for our Legacy cars, but it is nice to pop in there once in a while to see the alerts. I got in there and it said the key fob battery was low a day or 2 before it popped up as a normal alert. (It was my secondary key so it really didn't matter too much)
  • The recently added "exclude presenting door handles" at home is a nice feature added that I am using

Here is a picture of the new directions with larger font and the v11 GUI that I use.

V11 GUI.jpg

Reactions: aerodyne
I would recommend going from v10 to v11. I was on v10 2021.44.6 (Pre-2021 holiday update) and jumped to v11 in Sept. The HVAC controls take a little getting used to but everything else I think it better.
  • Tiny increase in charging speeds for me. Before v11 my max charge rate was 112, after the update I have been able to hit 117 kW. That may not be the same for you but ever little bit helps.
  • Infotainment seems as snappy/fast as ever
  • Service menu doesn't have as much stuff in it for our Legacy cars, but it is nice to pop in there once in a while to see the alerts. I got in there and it said the key fob battery was low a day or 2 before it popped up as a normal alert. (It was my secondary key so it really didn't matter too much)
  • The recently added "exclude presenting door handles" at home is a nice feature added that I am using

Here is a picture of the new directions with larger font and the v11 GUI that I use.

View attachment 887855
Thanks for the insight! I still think the v10 grey icons look cleaner (the v11 ones look like Android GingerBread version from 2010). But I could live with it. My other concern before updating is the loss of radar on the highway. Is it true that they disabled the radar and are vision only with the current updates, even for us legacy cars?

Have you noticed any difference in autopilot capability/performance since updating?

I use NoA ALL THE TIME.

What about follow distance? Do you still have follow distance of 1 as an option? Or 2 minimum?