Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU_w004 - touchscreen unresponsive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else seeing this in their service -> notifications alert list?

Mine does it roughly every hour when the car is not being used.

My wife's Raven Model X started having this issue since firmware 2021.32.22, along with an intermittent "Park Assist Unavailable" error.

We took it to our local Service Center for both these issues and a very weird GPS problem we have since around June, which changes the vehicle's location to another neighborhood after the vehicle goes into deep sleep, but as soon as it gets rolling again, the location corrects itself after a few feet of driving. (Issue documented here).

But anyway, out of the 3 issues we had, the Service Center was only able to fix the "Touchscreen unresponsive" error.

After escalating the issue with Fremont's engineering team, they mentioned that starting with the 2021.32 branch, some MCU's are having trouble allocating the correct firmware drivers for the touchscreen in the correct folder, so the drivers get duplicated.

They said it's not a big issue since the touchscreen remains fully functional, but it keeps throwing the error pretty frequently.

They were able to delete the duplicate files and redeploy the firmware, and we haven't seen the error again. My guess is that it will probably get fixed for the whole fleet on the next firmware update.

The engineering team also highlighted that they are well aware of the "Park Assist Unavailable" error but are still working on a fix, "as the last 2 attempts didn't quite work" :rolleyes:.

We were sent back home with the GPS error still at full force, but with no way of solving it in the horizon 😒...

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus
I'm starting to have this issue. But my screen actually went unresponsive to touch tonight while otherwise working ok. 2021.36 is when it started for me. A reboot gets it up and running again temporarily. I'll open a service ticket...

I got the 2021.36.5 update yesterday and the error messages seem to have stopped. The suggestion of a driver issue seems to fit this issue, and a new update correcting it. I have an appointment for a mobile tech to come out on Friday which I'm tempted to cancel now. I'll keep an eye on it today, but it seems to all be working correctly now.