Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet the X - Dania Beach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the showcase last night. it was nicely attended even though a Friday night on a Holiday weekend. They had 3 X’s for display: Blue w/black interior, White with White-6 seater, Titanium with Black.

Outside of one White frunk panel looking slightly off, the vehicles looked great and operated successfully.
  • FWD’s & 2nd row seats operated terrifically and sensors knew when someone was close by except for a couple of cases ( May need a sensor adjustment in rear because someone closed the back while I was looking at it and it bumped my head <soft plastic + my hard head and I was no worse the wear> ).
  • I found it very easy to push up & down the 3rd row seats
  • btw: when down there is more than enough room. I drive an BMW X5 right now and I felt that with hidden trunk + seats down there is much more room than X5.
  • Rear visibility is much less of an issue to me ( I have 6 seater ) having seen unit in person although to be clear slope of rear + spoiler makes visibility not perfect (plus camera can assist).
  • Do wish that rear view mirror was slightly bigger but then again given the rear slope perhaps Tesla engineers felt it wouldn’t help much anyway.
  • Both leather and white seats are very comfortable with white definitely softer. You can’t go wrong with either version...leather is not German sports car hard so very comfortable, but yet very supportive. Funny, perhaps it was the rain earlier in evening but they had seat covers on the white seats in 2nd row. Visit makes me think a change to leather may be a better solution for long term (will white seats be too soft several years out baking in Florida heat)
  • Audio system was fabulous.
  • Tesla representatives were nice people but there clearly were a few that knew very little about the vehicle (first time seeing it but c’mon there is a lot of info on internet)
As you would expect from Tesla fans, the other big topic of night was the 3. Spoke to and heard many people suggesting that they were going to put a reservation down next week....felt it was a no lose proposition. Low money required plus if they didn’t like it would just pull the plug.

Summary: vehicle looks terrific and if doors and sensors hold up it’s a home run.

Reactions: Jon and mikevbf
I especially liked hearing that the second row seats operated "terrifically" . Most earlier reports from meet the X events the 2nd row seats had problems including my experience. As for the white seats, Elon has tweeted that he believes they are the best, but plans to add extra backing in the future and will add this backing to new vehicles that did not get it. So it is probably safe to stick with you white seats. However, he did add in his tweet that he did not recommend the perforated seats for Model X with kids.

Reactions: X Fan