Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my last vehicle before i got the y was an MB e300 sedan so my comments are a little different. the mercedes are gorgeous. but i found the controls vastly over complicated (and i'm a gadget and computer geek for many years) the sound system is much better though the AMG probably has upgraded sound.

as far as room, i think the Y has amazing leg, head, and general room for 4 people to be VERY comfy. when the seats are down there is plenty of room compared to my previous vehicles which included the acura RDX, a GLK, rendesvous, and santa fe. the only thing it suffers a bit from is the sloping hatch, which mercedes and bmw also make. but the glc43 is the more traditional shape.

Yeah I was just curious as I have yet to see a model Y in person and was wondering if the body shape and size had a similar look to the glc 43. I looked up the dimensions of the glc 43 and they seem to be similar to the Y and I really liked the look of it.

Wasn’t really trying to compare the 2 cars other than to get an idea of what the Y would look like in person. Hard to get a true feel of the look and size without seeing one in person.

Yeah I was just curious as I have yet to see a model Y in person and was wondering if the body shape and size had a similar look to the glc 43. I looked up the dimensions of the glc 43 and they seem to be similar to the Y and I really liked the look of it.

Wasn’t really trying to compare the 2 cars other than to get an idea of what the Y would look like in person. Hard to get a true feel of the look and size without seeing one in person.

I've seen both. Assuming you're referring to the GLC43 Coupe? The dimensions and shape are very similar to the Y. IMO the GLC 43 is more rugged/muscular looking and the Model Y has a clean/minimal vibe so it looks a bit less SUV-like and appears lower even though it's not.

Last edited:
I also think the wheel selection changes the look of the Y quite a bit..being that it is a minimalist design. I've seen all 3. The base 19s make it look a bit softer and more like a lifted hatchback, the 20" black inductions with the standard suspension look like the most SUV-like, and the 21" PUP wheels and suspension give it that slammed/aggressive look. All just my opinion.

Reactions: Aarons12

i agree, i took mine sight unseen and i had already ruled out the GLC for various reasons.

I was about to place an order for the GLC Coupe before I ended up in the Y. The size is pretty much exactly the same to the Y in terms of look and interior space (I was in a bunch of GLC coups before I placed the order so know it pretty well).

After driving the 3 during a vacation rental I canceled my GLC order and placed my Y order in January and got it in March. Couldn't be happier. Autopilot blew my mind when driving the 3 and Mercedes is no where near close on the tech front and thats the main reason I changed to the Y(plus the performance Y is faster than even the GLC 63 AMG and cheaper).