Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Cross Climate SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a lot of posts around tires for the model X so forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been raised. I drive a 2019 model X and before winter a changed tires to Michelin cross climate SUV (20 inch wheel base). Cars in Denmark are delivered with summer tires and not all season tires so most people have two sets of tires and switch them twice a year.

Basically since then the car has been shuddering a bit during acceleration with more noise and at higher speeds. Tires were double checked for balance with no issues. Tesla has given great service and changed a few parts to fix the issue but it remains.

Does anyone have experience with the Michelin cross climate tire on all four tires and have had a similar issue?
Thanks

2 things:
did the shudder start **directly and clearly after** the tire swap? I ask this to avoid polluting the topic with the regular „shudder during acceleration issue“ which is not tire/wheel related.

Tire noise can happen on brand new tires. I swapped from winter to new summer tires (Michelin Lattitude) and they „rumbled“ and where „loud“ during the first few hunderd kilometers. By now they are silent and butter smooth. Tires need to „settle“.

I see a lot of posts around tires for the model X so forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been raised. I drive a 2019 model X and before winter a changed tires to Michelin cross climate SUV (20 inch wheel base). Cars in Denmark are delivered with summer tires and not all season tires so most people have two sets of tires and switch them twice a year.

Basically since then the car has been shuddering a bit during acceleration with more noise and at higher speeds. Tires were double checked for balance with no issues. Tesla has given great service and changed a few parts to fix the issue but it remains.

Does anyone have experience with the Michelin cross climate tire on all four tires and have had a similar issue?
Thanks
I had a hole in my tire that Tesla repaired. Since the repair my car has been shuddering during normal acceleration. It starts at 32MPH and stops around 37MPH.