Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased the Pilot Sport All Season for my rear tires (275/35/21)...... The Pirelli rears only lasted 15k miles for me. I am still running the original Pirelli’s on the front though and they are still at 7/32 at 18k miles. When the time comes, I intend to replace the front Pirelli’s with the Pilot Sport 4S at same 255/35/21 size. So, I will have Pilot Sport 4S on front and Pilot Sport All Season on rear.

FWIW it's not a great idea to run different classes of tires on different axles. Your rear tires now have less dry pavement grip than the front, which makes the car more at risk for spin. The Y's stability control may be aggressive enough to avoid that scenario but it's not a best practice.

Reactions: frankvb
FWIW it's not a great idea to run different classes of tires on different axles. Your rear tires now have less dry pavement grip than the front, which makes the car more at risk for spin. The Y's stability control may be aggressive enough to avoid that scenario but it's not a best practice.

I have been running the AT tires on the rear and PZeros on the front for about 3k miles now..... FWIW I have not noticed any difference in the handling.

Reactions: Tedkidd
These were just installed today to replace the original Pirelli P Zero 4 (ELECT) summer tires. The PZ tires were great and were impressively grippy in the rain, even heavy rain on hard acceleration, until recently when temperatures dropped below 50 degrees when they sometimes feel scary at speed. PZ tires had under 2500 miles when they were replaced. Curbed one front wheel last week and there was no curb protection whatsoever (see pics for comparison); fortunately it didn't cost much to repair it locally and came out perfect.

The new tires have a surprising velvet sidewall texture and differed from all product photos of this tire. Michelin confirmed via chat that these tires do have the velvet sidewall. They're laser-etched, reflect light based on direction, have a suede-ish texture, and give a premium look. Here it is on the Pilot Sport 4S Limited Edition: https://www.tirerack.com/videos/index.jsp?video=509&tab=Tires

These were only installed today, but first impressions are very good; steering feel and response is outstanding, and cold-weather wet grip, even while new is a big difference from the OEM tires. Very confidence-inspiring for sure. Car is also less bumpy and there's less noise.

As for the 265mm front tires (255/35 not available for these tires until next winter supposedly), they suit the car very well; car feels as agile, if not more than the original summer tires which sometimes felt very hard to steer; as a bonus the extra width and the PS A/S4's rim protection should protect the wheels better from curbing.

old Pirelli's and lack of protection against curb rash:
Just wanted to give a huge thanks for such a helpful post. Our first MYP is coming due for tires and this is the exact approach I’ll take. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Has anyone had a chance to use these in snow? I'm trying to decide between switching to these tires or swapping out wheels with winter tires. I'm in Michigan.
I was curious on this too.

here in colorado it snows maybe 5-6 times a year, and generally melts pretty quickly. Only a couple times where theres a heavy load of snow.

I was curious on weather it's worth it to have Snow tires for the 5-6 times it snows or if I'm better off just getting All seasons.

I was curious on this too.

here in colorado it snows maybe 5-6 times a year, and generally melts pretty quickly. Only a couple times where theres a heavy load of snow.

I was curious on weather it's worth it to have Snow tires for the 5-6 times it snows or if I'm better off just getting All seasons.
I'm in Chicago and we put all seasons on our Model 3P. On the YP, I'm debating between these all seasons and a winter wheel setup. The Model 3 was decent with all seasons last winter. Not the best handling, but a million times better than with the summer tires. I'm also wondering what everyone else thinks about choosing between the two options.

These were just installed today to replace the original Pirelli P Zero 4 (ELECT) summer tires. The PZ tires were great and were impressively grippy in the rain, even heavy rain on hard acceleration, until recently when temperatures dropped below 50 degrees when they sometimes feel scary at speed. PZ tires had under 2500 miles when they were replaced. Curbed one front wheel last week and there was no curb protection whatsoever (see pics for comparison); fortunately it didn't cost much to repair it locally and came out perfect.

The new tires have a surprising velvet sidewall texture and differed from all product photos of this tire. Michelin confirmed via chat that these tires do have the velvet sidewall. They're laser-etched, reflect light based on direction, have a suede-ish texture, and give a premium look. Here it is on the Pilot Sport 4S Limited Edition: https://www.tirerack.com/videos/index.jsp?video=509&tab=Tires

These were only installed today, but first impressions are very good; steering feel and response is outstanding, and cold-weather wet grip, even while new is a big difference from the OEM tires. Very confidence-inspiring for sure. Car is also less bumpy and there's less noise.

As for the 265mm front tires (255/35 not available for these tires until next winter supposedly), they suit the car very well; car feels as agile, if not more than the original summer tires which sometimes felt very hard to steer; as a bonus the extra width and the PS A/S4's rim protection should protect the wheels better from curbing.

View attachment 615782 View attachment 615783 View attachment 615784 View attachment 615785 View attachment 615786 View attachment 615787

View attachment 615788 View attachment 615789
Thanks for this post. I’m going this direction instead of trying smaller wheels. Did you happen to consider the 295/35 tire for the rear? I’d like a little more width and sidewall; if it will fit. Thanks!

View attachment 615782 View attachment 615783 View attachment 615784 View attachment 615785 View attachment 615786 View attachment 615787

Thanks for this!! Do you think 265/40/21s would fit? How much clearance between the upper control arm? The sidewall would be +1/2" taller than yours. Or +0.7" taller sidewall than stock. I have the MPP lift.

Notice any change in consumption?

I'm in Chicago and we put all seasons on our Model 3P. On the YP, I'm debating between these all seasons and a winter wheel setup. The Model 3 was decent with all seasons last winter. Not the best handling, but a million times better than with the summer tires. I'm also wondering what everyone else thinks about choosing between the two options.
I've been running iterations of the Conti DWS for the last 20 years. Tho, I have also run every iteration of the Pilot Sport A/S on my Infiniti.. With the Conti's, I've never had to chain up any of the cars that had them (knocks on wood), but I have rescued many people that didn't have them... And that includes several snow storms, and many treks to the mountains. (We also live on the top of a hill)... I would say the dry grip, the Pilot Spots have a slight nod, the wet performance is about even... But snow performance is no contest. The DWS is much better than the Pilot Sport A/S. I'm in the same boat with snow... It doesn't snow often enough to justify winter tires for me.

And yes, summer tires are not supposed to be used when the daily average temperature falls much below 60 degrees (especially if its damp), according to tire rack, if I remember. I drove in 47 degree weather on summer rubber when it was damp out... It was like driving on ice cubes.

Reactions: Tedkidd
thank you! was looking for all seasons tires for my MYP, came across this post and ordered the tires from discounttiredirect ( they currently have the 110 off flash sale ) was the cheapest i could found.

2- 265/35/21
2- 275/35/21

Reactions: Daekwan
How do I respond to this comment about Gemini not fitting performance calipers?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-092612.png
    Screenshot_20210810-092612.png
    304.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20210810-092642.png
    Screenshot_20210810-092642.png
    506.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20210810-092701.png
    Screenshot_20210810-092701.png
    443.8 KB · Views: 139