Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MICHELIN PILOT SPORT ALL-SEASON 4's | Still Shipping w/MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I was scouring the forums and ran into several messages where people were receiving Pilot Sport 4 ALL-SEASON tires. It seemed like a real thing! However, my advisor swears up and down that they DO NOT ship with those tires. I read that Tesla uses both Michelin and Pirelli (summer only). Was that a pandemic thing? Or still happening?

The problem is the confusing way Michelin name their tires. Tesla has the Michelin Sport Pilot 4 tires which are summer tires....but Michelin also have the Sport Pilot 4 Seasons...which are year round tires but not fitted to Tesla by the factory
I hope I got all the names right...like I say it’s confusing

Hi guys,

I was scouring the forums and ran into several messages where people were receiving Pilot Sport 4 ALL-SEASON tires. It seemed like a real thing! However, my advisor swears up and down that they DO NOT ship with those tires. I read that Tesla uses both Michelin and Pirelli (summer only). Was that a pandemic thing? Or still happening?
I just picked up my MYP a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised to see it ship with AS tires (I will be using my Y to hit the mountains and summer tires won’t do for that). I asked the delivery staff if that was normal and they said they have only seen AS on recent MYP’s as well. This was in Orange County, CA (Irvine) for geo-referrence.
IMG_5681.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up my MYP on 3/18 in Miami and got the PS A/S 4 tires as well. I had their predecessor tire on a Mini Cooper S Clubman a while back and they were great. I did use the regular PS4's on my other rides, a Mk7 GTI and a W204 C63 P31 Coupe.

The Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires are one of the best, and I was happy that my '22 MYP came with them. They handle our snowy Boise Idaho winters just fine, and they also do great in summer months. Pro tip, when you get your car head on down to Discount Tire/America's Tire and buy 4 road hazard certs for peace of mind in case you damage one. The coverage is great and it could save you some serious $$ if you have a tire issue.

I like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires so much, I just added them to my weekend fun car, a 2015 Boxster S. While not as grippy as a pure summer tire, they allow me to use the car year round and during our long winters that have clear roads but temps below 30 degrees. It ran about $1800 for a 20" staggered fitment on the Porsche.

Garage.jpg