Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Primacy Tires or Good Year Tires for new deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering which tires are the best. I have the Primacy tires now on my Model S but my new car has Good Year tires. Which are better?
Any thoughts or experiences?
I do like the Michelin's as they last long and seem very quiet.
I'm told the Good years have foam inserted to assist with the noise reduction. A gimmick?
I test drove a car a few months ago with the Good Year tires and wasn't impressed.
I think Tesla got these cheaper than the Michelins and they are promoting them as better.
My belief is that they aren't.
Picking new car up tomorrow and I need to resolve this dilemma. Lol!

I too have the Primacy currently and have no complaints at all and if you believe the customer reviews at places like Tire Rack and the like, they are generally well-liked.

I had a killer deal on a set of Goodyears that are brand new and I researched them and read really lukewarm reviews about them, but I'd love to hear any other feedback.

I wouldn't give much weight to the rating on tirerack.com
I have driven 95k miles on my Model S with Michelin MXM4, Goodyear and Pirelli P7 tires. The Michelin are the best based on my experience. The worst are the Pirelli. Less grip, strange effects on stability. Goodyears were OK but lasted half the time of the others. Michelin have the best grip and last very long and run super smooth.

I have driven 95k miles on my Model S with Michelin MXM4, Goodyear and Pirelli P7 tires. The Michelin are the best based on my experience. The worst are the Pirelli. Less grip, strange effects on stability. Goodyears were OK but lasted half the time of the others. Michelin have the best grip and last very long and run super smooth.
Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks
I am beginning to think that, as mentioned earlier, Tesla got a deal from Good Year, and the car pricing is the same with either tire. Is Tesla pocketing the difference in price?
Could also be because tire life isn't as good as the Michilin tires and it forces us to come in sooner for new tires!

I've had bad experiences with Goodyear tires on my Porsche (rapid and odd wear patterns) and I was happy with the Michelins that came with the car so I replaced them with the same Michelins at 40,000 miles. I did this at the SC Rocklin and the price was a little better than TireRack and they also did a four wheel alignment.
Michelins are more expensive than the Goodyears but they are better tires.

What are the "strange effects" you have noticed. I have the Pirelli snow tires and the car feels like it has torque steer when I accelerate or regen. Not a lot, but the 21" summers always track straight.