Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin to make all season tires for the 21” Uberturbines wheel sizes.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if 285/40/21 would fit on the rear without rubbing? only half an inch wider but about an inch and a half taller, so clearance would need to be 3/4 of an inch in there.... would be a beefier tire, better ride comfort and I know the speedo would be off but it would be an average between the front and the back...

ie with the following setup

front: 265/35/21 half a mile diff at 60mph
rear: 285/40/21 3 miles diff at 60mph

so the speedo would be off by about 1.75mph at 60mph, 2.75mph at 90mph

I am pretty sure the front would fit, but am unclear about the rears. Somebody pls advise - thanks

I am debating keeping the ubers and ordering the above setup or go with the Uberturbines like wheels and tires from TSportline. I like the look of the larger rim (21"s) vs the 20"s, but i do understand the benefit of a square wheel setup and cheaper tires in the longer run.

Reactions: SeattleSteve
Does anybody know if 285/40/21 would fit on the rear without rubbing? only half an inch wider but about an inch and a half taller, so clearance would need to be 3/4 of an inch in there.... would be a beefier tire, better ride comfort and I know the speedo would be off but it would be an average between the front and the back...

ie with the following setup

front: 265/35/21 half a mile diff at 60mph
rear: 285/40/21 3 miles diff at 60mph

so the speedo would be off by about 1.75mph at 60mph, 2.75mph at 90mph

I am pretty sure the front would fit, but am unclear about the rears. Somebody pls advise - thanks

I am debating keeping the ubers and ordering the above setup or go with the Uberturbines like wheels and tires from TSportline. I like the look of the larger rim (21"s) vs the 20"s, but i do understand the benefit of a square wheel setup and cheaper tires in the longer run.
Might as well do 265/40/21 in front if it fits in back the front should fit