TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Microphone source and part number?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mudfud, Dec 25, 2014.

1. mudfud

mudfud Member

Anyone know where to source the microphone? I'm waiting for Tesla to replace mine, but they tell me it's not a part normally in stock and they have to pull it off the line.

Hoping to find the part and replace it with something more directional.

I have the distorted sound problem and have almost given up on the car mic for speakerphone on my iPhone.

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Definitely a part sourced to the cheapest bidder ....

Replaced both of mine just to get acceptable sound by the other party.

3. Firewired

Firewired Member

Not sure if they improved it on purpose or lucky happenstance. I haven't had any issues with mine in the short time with the P85D making multiple calls.

4. mudfud

mudfud Member

more recently does anyone know of the part or a replacement for these mic's?

I am still waiting for replacements. bought a bluetooth speaker that stuck on the window. much better sound.

I may try pulling the mic's down for the short term to see if the placement can be improved.

5. mudfud

mudfud Member

Microphones finally replaced. Took several months to arrive. Most people have found the voice transmission much better