Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MIdnight Silver - Stock 20" wheels powder coat- best color??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Liking the idea of dark wheels on my X, Met with a guy that powder coats and he recommended a gloss black. $200/ per. Advised against a flat black as it might just look dirty / like brake dust.

Anyone already done it / have pictures? I have searched a few times so apologies if it is already out there. I couldn't find images.

Thanks,

Look for the powder coat 20" threads. There are few pictures with options there. I have been debating between a space gray and satin black, similar to tesla's onyx black. I was thinking of plastdip as well but powder coating costs $450 while plastidip $150 and doesnt last long at all.

I chose to match the paint. The chrome shop owner suggested black. Either would have looked fine. 18 months later, the powdercoated rims look as new as they did day one.

For the next chariot, I might chrome the rims. Have seen that twice now and believe the new base rims would look good in chrome. Since I wash the car every 2 weeks anyway, keeping them clean should not be difficult. They'll get Opti-Coat Pro or similar as well, so again, keeping them clean should be easy.

I went with dodge hell cat satin black. love it on my metallic silver.
IMG_6748.JPG