Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minimum load rating for MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know the minimum load rating for MS. Looking to get some winter tires for 20" wheels - and well, some are on sale. However, it is a Bridgestone Blizzak

Would the 95 load rating be safe? I know my summer tires are 102.

Curious what the minimum load would be.
Did a search and nothing came up.
Thanks!

upload_2020-3-7_19-50-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-7_19-50-42.png
    upload_2020-3-7_19-50-42.png
    77 KB · Views: 177
For the square 19" setup, the load rating is 98.

The placard on the driver's door jam shows the GAWR RR as 3307 lbs. This is exactly the 98 load rating. For the front the GAWR FRT is 2866 lbs which is exactly a load rating of 93. So 95 on the front and 102 on the rear would be acceptable.

Check your numbers on the placard. My quoted numbers are from a 2017 S100D.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pismo
The numbers are the total max loads on each axle. GAWR stands for gross axle weight rating. It includes the car + occupants + cargo. The 901 lbs that are on the other label there are for the occupants and cargo. Anything over 901 lbs + the car means it is overloaded and the weight will exceed the GAWR for each axle. So if you routinely have more than 901 lbs of stuff in the car getting tires with some margin might be a good idea.

I replaced the original 19" Goodyear tires (98W) with a set of Pirelli Strata (built for Discount Tire so only available there) which have a 102Y rating.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pismo