Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota - FSD Beta Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Video #113 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - Gym Test Loop (Zero Disengagements In The Rain)

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of March 31st, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to Timberwolf CrossFit (St. Paul, MN). A few minutes into the drive we witness a HUGE lightning strike that landed just to our left!

This was my first zero disengagement drive with FSD Beta 11.3.4 which to me was impressive considering how heavy the rain was coming down at times during the drive. Stale map data continues to result in unnecessary speed adjustment & nav-related interventions.

00:00 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
00:52 - Excellent Behavior w/ Tough UPR Turn Onto 37th Ave Ne
01:08 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
01:22 - Intervention / New Issue w/ v11.3.x - Throttle Input Required As FSD Incorrectly Slows For Open Railroad Crossing
01:44 - Intervention - Throttle Input To Give Turning Car More Space
02:00 - Intervention - FSD Aborts & Recovers From Driver-Initiated Auto Lane Change To Avoid Potholes
02:22 - Big Lightning Strike!
02:48 - FSD Does A Great Job Getting Over To the Right Lane Before Upcoming Turn Onto I-35W S Entrance Ramp
03:21 - Intervention / Persistent Mapping Issue - Applied Nav Workaround So FSD Will Use Correct MN-280 S Entrance Ramp
04:33 - Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.x - FSD Accelerates Too Slowly On Some Highway On-Ramps
05:40 - Intervention - Set Final Destination Once We Entered The Correct MN-280 S On-Ramp
06:04 - Bad Weather - FSD Safely Increases Following Distance On Highway Due To The Rain
06:55 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
07:21 - Back-to-Back Route-based Auto Lane Changes
07:50 - Intervention / Issue - Signal Left On After Auto Lane Change
08:16 - Another Route-based Auto Lane Change
09:28 - FSD Navigates Around Jaywalking VRU While Recovering From Lane Closure
09:54 - Intervention - Throttle Input To See If Car Will Enter Turn Lane Around Concrete Barriers
11:39 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.4 - Smoother Creep Behavior When Lead Car Is Exiting Our Lane
12:10 - FSD Navigates Comfortably Around Parking Car
12:26 - Issue - FSD Runs Red Light
12:57 - Closing Thoughts

Video #114 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - St. Paul Torture Test (Fail)

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of March 31st, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me through a torture test I came up with based on some recent lane selection issues that started with FSD Beta 11.3.3. For whatever reason, if FSD ends up in the right lane on 7th St W in downtown St Paul, it will NOT try to move over to the left lane (which means it fails to follow the defined route to get onto I-94W). I went back and checked the OSM data for this section of road and it was 100% correct so I'm a bit perplexed as to why this behavior is occurring. I also confirmed that GPS was perfectly operational throughout the 3 torture test attempts so that could be ruled out. I am posting this to bring visibility to this issue and will be escalating to the Autopilot team in hopes they can resolve this behavior in the next minor release of v11.

00:00 - Torture Test Attempt #1 (Pass*)
00:24 - Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.3 & v11.3.4 - FSD Selects Tight Right Lane At Fork Of 7th St W & Goodhue St
00:41 - Issue - Phantom Slowing For No Apparent Reason
00:52 - Issue - FSD Stops For Inapplicable Stop Sign
01:23 - FSD Correctly Slows For Occluded Bicyclist
02:51 - Many Missed Opportunities To Move Over To Correct Lane (Left Lane)
03:23 - FSD Navigates Around VRU Entering Car & Ends Up In Correct Lane
04:18 - Unnecessarily Strong Brake Input Way Before Intersection Of 7th St W & 5th St W
04:33 - Possible Improvement w/ v11.3.4 - FSD Confidently Stays In Right Lane Throughout Left Turn (From Right Turn Lane)
05:34 - Torture Test Attempt #2 (Fail)
05:53 - Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.3 & v11.3.4 - FSD Again Selects Tight Right Lane At Fork Of 7th St W & Goodhue St
06:42 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change & Driver-Initiated Auto Lane Change Back To Right Lane
07:21 - Many Missed Opportunities To Move Over To Correct Lane (Left Lane)
08:14 - Disengagement - Throttle Input Required After FSD Realizes It Missed Its Turn Onto I-94W
08:42 - Torture Test Attempt #3 (Fail)
08:55 - New Issue w/ v11.3.4 - FSD Visualizations Freeze & FSD Fails To Engage Multiple Times
09:13 - FSD Again Selects Left Lane At Fork Of 7th St W & Goodhue St Due To Protruding Pickup Truck
09:32 - Driver-Initiated Auto Lane Change Back To Right Lane
10:43 - Comment About Use Of Average FSD Profile For This Attempt
11:28 - Many Missed Opportunities To Move Over To Correct Lane (Left Lane)
12:42 - FSD Again Misses Its Turn Onto I-94W

• Informative
Reactions: power.saver
Video #115 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - Highland Park After Snowstorm

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of April 1st, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to a friend's place in Highland Park (St. Paul). Minus the one disengagement at the end of the drive due to a poorly plowed portion of road, FSD did a fantastic job handling the tricky conditions (left over from the previous night's blizzard). Fingers crossed this is one of the last drives of the year where we have to worry about snow and potholes!

00:00 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
00:16 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
00:29 - Issue - Late Stop For Partially Occluded Stop Sign
01:10 - Issue - Another Late Stop For Stop Sign Surrounded By Plenty Of Snow
01:30 - Occupancy Networks Doing Fantastic Job Mapping Out Drivable Space
02:32 - Another Example Of Occupancy Networks Properly Handling Protruding Snowbanks
05:56 - Issue - FSD Recovers After Confirming Path Blockage Does Not Exist
06:26 - Confident Acceleration & Handling Of Flashing Yellow Ramp Meters During Merge Onto I-35W S
07:22 - FSD Detects & Slows For Stalled Vehicles On Shoulder
07:58 - Auto Lane Change (Highway)
08:24 - Tesla Vision Doing A Great Job w/ Poor Visibility
08:41 - Auto Lane Change (City)
09:22 - Confident Protected Left Turn Onto E 46th St
09:50 - Tesla Vision Detects & Proceeds Past Partially Occluded Car
10:31 - Disengagement - FSD Gives Back Control Due To Poorly Plowed Section Of Road
11:18 - Auto Lane Change Across Partially Snow-Covered Lane
12:38 - Issue - Sudden Braking Due To Non-Existent Path Blockage (Protruding Snowbank)
13:01 - FSD Not Breaking A Sweat Handling Protruding Snowbank Around Corner
13:36 - Persistent Mapping Issue - Comment About Speed Limits Being Wrong In Much Of Twin Cities
14:23 - Throttle Intervention - FSD Incorrectly Slows For External VRU While Making Auto Lane Change
15:00 - Smooth UPL Turn Onto Kenneth St
15:22 - Intervention - Throttle Input Required To Nudge Car To Navigate Around VRU & Blocking Truck
15:40 - Final Right Turn & Closing Thoughts

Video #115 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - Highland Park After Snowstorm

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of April 1st, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to a friend's place in Highland Park (St. Paul). Minus the one disengagement at the end of the drive due to a poorly plowed portion of road, FSD did a fantastic job handling the tricky conditions (left over from the previous night's blizzard). Fingers crossed this is one of the last drives of the year where we have to worry about snow and potholes!

00:16 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
00:29 - Issue - Late Stop For Partially Occluded Stop Sign
01:10 - Issue - Another Late Stop For Stop Sign Surrounded By Plenty Of Snow
01:30 - Occupancy Networks Doing Fantastic Job Mapping Out Drivable Space
02:32 - Another Example Of Occupancy Networks Properly Handling Protruding Snowbanks
05:56 - Issue - FSD Recovers After Confirming Path Blockage Does Not Exist
06:26 - Confident Acceleration & Handling Of Flashing Yellow Ramp Meters During Merge Onto I-35W S
07:22 - FSD Detects & Slows For Stalled Vehicles On Shoulder
07:58 - Auto Lane Change (Highway)
08:24 - Tesla Vision Doing A Great Job w/ Poor Visibility
08:41 - Auto Lane Change (City)
09:22 - Confident Protected Left Turn Onto E 46th St
09:50 - Tesla Vision Detects & Proceeds Past Partially Occluded Car
10:31 - Disengagement - FSD Gives Back Control Due To Poorly Plowed Section Of Road
11:18 - Auto Lane Change Across Partially Snow-Covered Lane
12:38 - Issue - Sudden Braking Due To Non-Existent Path Blockage (Protruding Snowbank)
13:01 - FSD Not Breaking A Sweat Handling Protruding Snowbank Around Corner
13:36 - Persistent Mapping Issue - Comment About Speed Limits Being Wrong In Much Of Twin Cities
14:23 - Throttle Intervention - FSD Incorrectly Slows For External VRU While Making Auto Lane Change
15:00 - Smooth UPL Turn Onto Kenneth St
15:22 - Intervention - Throttle Input Required To Nudge Car To Navigate Around VRU & Blocking Truck
15:40 - Final Right Turn & Closing Thoughts

Had to re-upload the video, correct link is:

Video #116 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - Work Test Loop (Downtown Edition)

This video contains footage recorded on the morning of April 4th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to my company’s office (Edina, MN). Unlike my previous Work Test Loop videos, I decided to try a new route for this video based on feedback I received from several viewers who wanted to see more drives through downtown Minneapolis. The intersection of 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE continues to cause issues for FSD Beta v11.3.x and results in a disengagement within the first 2 minutes of this drive. Overall the drive went fairly and I continue to believe 11.3.4 is noticeably better in almost every way than 11.3.3 (and may be on par now with 11.3.2).

00:56 - Flawless Execution Of Tough UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
01:11 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
01:33 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Planner Fights Bad Map Data Before Selecting Wrong Lane At Intersection Of 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE
03:37 - Planner Navigating Around Oncoming Traffic
04:08 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitancy At 4-way Stop Of 37th Ave NE & 5th St NE
05:09 - Confident UPL Turn Onto University Ave NE
05:24 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
05:48 - Smooth Deceleration Before Confident Right Turn Onto 27th Ave NE
06:17 - Great Handling Of 4-way Stop w/ Poor Visibility
07:08 - Decent UPL Turn Onto Marshall St NE
07:45 - Intervention - Navigation Change
08:14 - New Issue w/ v11.3.x - FSD Frequently Slows At Empty Railroad Crossings
09:15 - Intervention - Navigation Change
09:26 - Textbook Route-based Auto Lane Change & Right Turn Onto Hennepin Ave
09:54 - Issue - Unnecessary Turn Signal Activation
10:28 - Fantastic Behavior Before Confident UPR Turn Onto 1st St N
10:50 - Disengagement - FSD Selects Wrong Path Through Road Construction Cones
11:06 - Intervention - Throttle Input Required Due To Slow Behavior At Temporary 4-way Stop
11:52 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.x - FSD Now Confidently Uses Shared Vehicle Turn Lanes
12:03 - Consecutive Route-based Auto Lane Changes After Right Turn Onto 3rd St N
12:35 - Intervention - Throttle Input Required As FSD Incorrectly Detects Offline Ramp Meters As Traffic Lights
13:38 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
14:13 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
14:47 - Issue - FSD Recovers From Unnecessary Auto Lane Change Due To Stale Map Data
15:22 - Disengagement - FSD Beta Still Unable To Enter Tight Clover Leaf At I-394W & MN-100 S
16:51 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
17:13 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
17:39 - Issue - Phantom Braking When Approaching Overpass Shadow
18:25 - New Issue w/ v11.3.x - FSD Likes To Camp In Passing Lane
19:54 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
20:31 - Smooth Rate Of Deceleration When Exiting MN-100S
21:20 - Issue - Too Much Steering Input During UPR Turn Onto Edina Industrial Blvd
21:32 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
21:48 - Closing Thoughts

Video #117 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - Costco Maplewood Test Loop

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of April 4th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me from my gym in St. Paul to Costco in Maplewood, MN. FSD does a commendable job overall of handling downtown St Paul however ends up having some issues with lane selection on the highway which results in several disengagements.

00:00 - Intro / Intervention - Negated Defined Speed Limit Offset
01:44 - Lane Change Around Vehicle Partially Blocking Right Lane
01:58 - FSD Disperses Small Amount Of Washer Fluid To Reduce Wiper Drag
02:28 - Comment About Nav Route
02:54 - Intervention - Navigation Change
03:06 - Comment About Upcoming Turn Onto Wabasha St N
03:57 - FSD Correctly Stops Before Crosswalk After Light Transitions To Yellow
04:17 - Possible Improvement w/ v11.3.4 - More Confident Path Planning After UPL Turn Onto Wabasha St N
04:28 - Issue / Intervention - Throttle Input Required As FSD Needs To Be Better At Detecting & Yielding For Emergency Vehicles
04:47 - Possible Improvement w/ v11.3.4 - Confident Auto Lane Changes w/ Barely Any Road Markings
05:05 - Smooth Right Turn Onto 11th St E
05:18 - FSD Doing Great Job Remaining In Middle Lane After Fork
05:41 - Human-like Acceleration When Merging Onto I-35E N
06:06 - Excellent Speed Management In Response To Traffic Level
07:03 - FSD Has Its Patience Tested w/ Route-based Auto Lane Change
08:16 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
08:28 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
08:42 - Persistent Issue - FSD Ignores HoV Lane Setting
09:27 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
09:55 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
10:15 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
10:44 - Disengagement - FSD Fails To Move Into Proper Lane Before I-35E N / I-694E Fork
11:05 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
11:16 - Issue - FSD Still Not Assertive Enough When Making Auto Lane Changes
11:54 - Disengagement - FSD Fails To Move Into Proper Lane Before US-61 Exit
12:24 - FSD Confidently Handles Merge Onto Maplewood Drive
12:43 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
14:02 - Textbook Left Turn Onto County Rd D E
14:44 - Confident Right Turn Onto County View Dr
15:00 - Confident UPL Turn Into Costco Parking Lot & Closing Thoughts

Last edited:
  • Informative
Video #118 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - Errand Run To Target (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of April 4th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me from Costco in Maplewood, MN to Target in Roseville, MN. Aside from a single intervention to adjust the max speed limit on the on-ramp, this was pretty close to being a perfect drive from FSD Beta v11.3.4!

00:00 - Issue - Excessive Hesitation w/ UPR Right Turn Onto Beam Ave
00:18 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
01:33 - Slight Hesitation When Making Left Turn Onto Maplewood Drive Due To Adjacent Light Transition
01:59 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
02:11 - FSD Recovers From Aborted Route-based Auto Lane Change
02:34 - Intervention / Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.x - Adjusted Max Speed Limit As FSD Will Wait Too Long On Select Highway On-Ramps To Accelerate
03:14 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
03:34 - Strict Adherence To 2+ Car Following Distance In Poor Weather
04:13 - Comment About Passing Lane Use w/ Assertive FSD Profile
04:58 - Issue - Signal Should Be Activated Before Ego Car Begins Decelerating For Upcoming Auto Lane Change
05:16 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
05:33 - Excellent Path Planning Around Curvy Hamline Ave Exit Ramp
05:59 - Confident Left Turn Onto Hamline Ave N
06:21 - Textbook Route-based Auto Lane Change & Right Turn Onto Commerce St
06:32 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
06:53 - Somebody Gets Impatient w/ FSD’s Rate Of Acceleration At 4-way Stop
07:19 - Issue - Late Brake Input During UPL Turn Onto State Farm Rd
07:38 - Smooth Right Turn Into Target Parking Lot & Closing Thoughts

Video #119 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - Drive Home From Target (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of April 4th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me from Target in Roseville, MN to my house in NE Minneapolis. This was yet another zero disengagement drive with FSD where we only encountered a few interventions, most of which were a result of old / stale map data (speed limit-related changes).

00:00 - Issue - Excessive Hesitation w/ UPR Turn Out Of Target Parking Lot
00:24 - Intervention - Throttle Input Required Due To Excessive Hesitation w/ UPR Turn County Rd B W
01:11 - Intervention - Throttle Input Required Due To Excessive Hesitation w/ UPR Turn Onto Snelling Ave N
01:33 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
01:49 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
03:04 - Issue - FSD Slowing Before Signaling
03:22 - Smooth Behavior w/ Light Transition Before Left Turn Onto Lydia Ave W
03:40 - Creep Behavior Still Needs Further Refinement When Making Right Turn At 4-way Stops
04:04 - Excellent Handling Of Left Turn Onto County Rd D W
04:29 - Intervention - Navigation Change
05:04 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
05:29 - Smooth UPL Turn Onto Stinson Blvd
06:06 - Buttery Smooth Right Turn Onto 36th Ave NE
06:19 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities & Navigation Change
06:43 - FSD Extra Cautious At 4-way Stop Of 36th Ave NE & Cleveland St NE Due To Poor Visibility
06:57 - Planner Doing An Excellent Job Navigating On Crowded 36th Ave NE Especially Around Blind Corners
07:52 - Intervention - Navigation Change
08:17 - Issue - Unnecessary Brake Input During UPR Turn Onto Johnson St NE
08:35 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
09:06 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At Two-way Stop Of 36th Ave NE & Pierce St NE

Video #120 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - West Metro Torture Test (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of April 5th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me through a tough route that connects Edina, MN to Eden Prairie, MN. During this drive, FSD Beta v11.3.4 does a great job navigating 3 tough roundabouts and aces lane selection going into the multi-lane roundabouts (2 of the 3). While I feel like v11.3.4 is not as confident as 11.3.1, it is still better than any 10.69.25.x build and my 2nd favorite 11.3.x build overall. v11.3.6 is downloading to my car as I write this so more to come tonight!

00:00 - Intro
00:11 - Intervention - Throttle Input Due To FSD Stopping Mid-Turn
00:39 - Possible Improvement w/ v11.3.4 - FSD Selects Correct Lane At Fork Of Edina Industrial Blvd & Bush Lake Rd
01:01 - Great Handling Of Tough UPR Turn
01:37 - Comment About Current Merge Behavior w/ FSD Beta v11.3.x
02:28 - Roundabout #1 - Pass
02:49 - Roundabout #2 - Pass
03:14 - Roundabout #3 - Pass
03:50 - Buttery Smooth Right Turn Onto Golden Triangle Dr
04:37 - Textbook UPL Turn Onto Smetana Ln
04:57 - Final Turn Into Parking Lot & Final Thoughts

Link to same drive with v11.3.1:

Video #120 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.4 - West Metro Torture Test (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of April 5th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.4 driving me through a tough route that connects Edina, MN to Eden Prairie, MN. During this drive, FSD Beta v11.3.4 does a great job navigating 3 tough roundabouts and aces lane selection going into the multi-lane roundabouts (2 of the 3). While I feel like v11.3.4 is not as confident as 11.3.1, it is still better than any 10.69.25.x build and my 2nd favorite 11.3.x build overall. v11.3.6 is downloading to my car as I write this so more to come tonight!

00:11 - Intervention - Throttle Input Due To FSD Stopping Mid-Turn
00:39 - Possible Improvement w/ v11.3.4 - FSD Selects Correct Lane At Fork Of Edina Industrial Blvd & Bush Lake Rd
01:01 - Great Handling Of Tough UPR Turn
01:37 - Comment About Current Merge Behavior w/ FSD Beta v11.3.x
02:28 - Roundabout #1 - Pass
02:49 - Roundabout #2 - Pass
03:14 - Roundabout #3 - Pass
03:50 - Buttery Smooth Right Turn Onto Golden Triangle Dr
04:37 - Textbook UPL Turn Onto Smetana Ln
04:57 - Final Turn Into Parking Lot & Final Thoughts

Link to same drive with v11.3.1:
Wrong video? Didn't see any roundabouts in this one... :rolleyes:

Video #121 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.6 - Minneapolis First Impressions

00:46 - Continued Excellence w/ UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
01:03 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
01:20 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - Planner Fights Bad Map Data Before Selecting Wrong Lane At Intersection Of 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE
02:24 - Issue - Excessive Hesitation At 4-way Stop Of 37th Ave NE & Madison Pl
03:03 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitancy At 4-way Stop Of 37th Ave NE & 5th St NE
03:39 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.x - FSD Now Confidently Uses Shared Vehicle Turn Lanes
03:59 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.x - Smoother Rate Of Deceleration When Approaching Intersections
04:37 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
05:25 - FSD Does A Great Job Of Slowing During Left Turn For Temporarily Occluded Oncoming Vehicle
05:59 - Confident Behavior At 4-way Stop
06:51 - Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.x - FSD Makes Unnecessary Last Second Lane Change Before Left Turn Onto East River Rd
07:42 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
08:28 - Intervention - Driver-Initiated Auto Lane Change To Avoid Potholes
08:54 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
09:06 - Textbook UPR Turn Onto St Anthony Parkway
09:56 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.x - Best Ever Handling Of Curvy Section Of St Anthony Parkway
10:31 - FSD Does A Great Job Reacting to Nearby Cyclist During Solid UPL Turn Onto 42nd Ave N
11:19 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.x - Improved Detection & Handling Of Flashing Yellow Lights
11:54 - FSD Smoothly Slows For Vehicle Cutting Into Our Lane
12:14 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.x - Dramatically Improved Path Planning On Dowling Ave N
12:41 - Intervention / Possible Regression w/ v11.3.x - Throttle Input Required Due To Excessive Hesitancy w/ UPR Turn Onto I-94E On-Ramp
14:06 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
14:17 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
14:30 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
14:50 - Seamless Merge Onto I-35W N
15:25 - Issue - FSD Waits Too Long To Make Route-based Auto Lane Change But Recovers w/o Requiring Driver To Intervene
16:04 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
16:15 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
16:31 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.x - Smoother Rate Of Deceleration When Exiting Highway
17:09 - Possible Improvement w/ v11.3.6 - FSD No Longer Activates Turn Signal After Staying To Right After Fork On Johnson St NE Exit Ramp
17:47 - Issue - FSD Continues To Erroneously Activate Turn Signal For Bus Stop
17:58 - Issue - Phantom Slowing For No Apparent Reason
18:15 - FSD Correctly Slows For Delivery Driver Makes F1-Style Pit Stop In Front Of Us
19:35 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.x - FSD No Longer Uses Dead Space On Right Before Initiating UPL Turn Onto 36th Ave NE
19:46 - Issue - FSD Hesitates & Comes To Complete Stop Before Initiating UPL Turn Onto 36th Ave NE
20:04 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
20:34 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At Two-way Stop Of 36th Ave NE & Pierce St NE
20:58 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation w/ UPL Turn Onto Fillmore St NE
21:09 - Closing Thoughts

Video #122 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.6 - Ice Cream Test Loop (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage recorded on the evening of April 8th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.6 driving me from my house in NE Minneapolis to Culvers in New Brighton, MN. Since this route is short yet tricky at night, I also included footage of the return trip as well. Due to the lack of lighting in certain spots, visibility was poor at times yet FSD Beta did a great job navigating through it without being too hesitant.

00:00 - Intro & Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
00:36 - Less Hesitation At 2-way Stop Of 36th Ave NE & Pierce St NE When Traveling East
01:12 - Smooth Back-to-Back Unprotected Right & Left Turns
01:36 - Possible Improvement w/ v11.3.6 - Better Handling Of Fork On 36th Ave NE & Hayes St NE
01:51 - Planner Doing An Excellent Job Navigating Through Crowded 36th Ave NE Especially Around Blind Corners
03:23 - Textbook Creep Behavior Before Confident UPL Turn Onto Stinson Blvd
03:53 - Great Trajectory w/ Right Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
04:52 - Super Confident UPL Turn Onto Silver Lake Rd
05:36 - Excellent Path Planning When Making UPL Turn Onto Poorly Lit Road
05:56 - FSD Nails UPL Turn Onto Poorly Lit Road & Immediately Gets Over To The Right
06:20 - Intervention - Throttle Input Required As FSD Doesn’t Accelerate Fast Enough After UPR Turn Onto Silver Lake Rd
06:51 - A+ Deceleration Before Right Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
07:38 - Another Textbook UPL Turn Onto Stinson Blvd
08:14 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
08:44 - FSD Safely Handles 2-way Stop Of 36th Ave NE & Cleveland St NE Due To Poor Visibility
09:00 - Planner Doing An Excellent Job Navigating Through Crowded 36th Ave NE Especially Around Blind Corners
09:48 - Issue - Creep Behavior To Stop Sign Needs To Be Refined
10:07 - Decent Back-to-Back Unprotected Right & Left Turns
10:23 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
10:49 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation At Two-way Stop Of 36th Ave NE & Pierce St NE When Traveling West
11:16 - Closing Thoughts

Video #123 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.6 - St Anthony Park Test Loop (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage recorded on the morning of April 9th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.6 driving me from my house in NE Minneapolis to St Anthony Park in St. Paul, MN. Aside from the usual areas where bad map data results in speed limit interventions, this was a fairly easy zero disengagement drive for FSD Beta. I understand other YouTubers have had some poor results with 11.3.6 so far but for me that is not the case.

00:00 - Intro & Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
00:47 - Continued Success w/ Unprotected Turns Onto 37th Ave NE
01:09 - Issue - Sudden & Unnecessary Lane Change After Fork On 37th Ave NE
01:25 - Issue - Truck Accelerates Into Our Blindspot Forcing Us Over Nasty Potholes On 37th Ave NE
01:53 - Smooth Deceleration Before Perfect Right Turn Onto I-35W S
02:04 - Intervention / Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.x - Adjusted Max Speed Limit As FSD Will Wait Too Long On Select Highway On-Ramps To Accelerate
02:48 - Persistent Mapping Issue - FSD Continues To Ignore Preferred MN-280 S Exit
03:18 - FSD Does Great Job w/ Consecutive Route-based Auto Lane Changes
03:46 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
04:17 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
04:38 - Smooth Deceleration Before Textbook Left Turn Onto Territorial Rd
05:07 - Issue - Unnecessary Braking For Oncoming Car Outside Of Our Planned Trajectory
05:18 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitancy & Uncomfortable Creep Behavior When Making UPL Turn Onto Raymond Ave

Video #124 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.6 - Roundabout Torture Test

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of April 9th, 2023 where I put FSD Beta 11.3.6 through a roundabout torture test that we previously tried w/ 11.3.2 (see link below). The pair of roundabouts are located adjacent to a busy Walmart in Roseville, MN and I decided to test during the late afternoon (on Easter Sunday) to ensure other vehicle & VRU traffic would be present. During the torture test, I traverse the pair of roundabouts a total of 7 times, 4 times from west to east and 3 times east to west. I decided to revamp my pass / fail criteria so that it now includes lane selection.

Previous test w/ 11.3.2:

01:08 - Roundabout Test (Attempt #1 - Fail)
02:03 - Roundabout Test (Attempt #2 - Pass)
02:42 - Roundabout Test (Attempt #3 - Fail)
03:34 - Roundabout Test (Attempt #4 - Pass)
04:37 - Roundabout Test (Attempt #5 - Fail)
06:01 - Roundabout Test (Attempt #6 - Fail)
06:49 - Roundabout Test (Attempt #7 - Pass)
07:28 - Test Results & Closing Thoughts

Last edited:
  • Informative
Video #125 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.6 - Easter Brunch (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage recorded on the morning of April 9th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.6 driving me from St Anthony Park in St. Paul, MN to Easter Brunch in the North Metro. This was yet another smooth, zero disengagement drive where we experienced only two interventions. During the drive we also recognized a confirmed improvement new with v11.3.6.

00:00 - Intro / Issue - FSD Makes Late Right Turn Onto Territorial Rd Due To Slow Nav Rerouting
00:19 - Confident Handling Of VRU On Electric Scooter While Making Right Turn Onto MN-280 N On-Ramp
00:33 - Intervention / Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.x - Adjusted Max Speed Limit As FSD Will Wait Too Long On Select Highway On-Ramps To Accelerate
00:52 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
01:03 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
01:18 - Driver-Initiated Auto Lane Change
01:41 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
01:57 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
02:10 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
02:26 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
02:57 - Smooth Deceleration & Path Planning When Exiting I-35W N
03:11 - Confirmed Regression w/ v11.3.6 - Late Braking When Approaching Stop Lights At 40mph Or More
03:37 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
04:01 - Intervention - Throttle Input Required Due To Excessive Slowing For Lead Car Making U-Turn
05:13 - Confirmed Improvement w/ v11.3.6 - FSD Now Uses The Entire Shoulder When Making Right Turns

• Informative
Reactions: Dewg
Video #126 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.6 - Chowen Ave UPL Torture Test

This video contains footage recorded on the afternoon of April 9th, 2022 of FSD Beta 11.3.6 taking an unprotected left (UPL) turn onto Chowen Ave S from highway MN-13 S. I previously attempted this test w/ FSD Beta 10.69.1.1 (see link below). Aside from the initial lane selection confusion (after successfully completing the turn) FSD does a solid job handling oncoming traffic & navigating this tricky unprotected left turn.

Previous Test w/ 10.69.1.1:

00:00 - Intro / UPL Turn Onto Chowen Ave S Test (Attempt #1 - Fail)
00:32 - UPL Turn Onto Chowen Ave S Test (Attempt #2 - Pass)
01:19 - UPL Turn Onto Chowen Ave S Test (Attempt #3 - Pass)
02:10 - Test Results & Closing Thoughts

Video #127 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.6 - Work Test Loop

This video contains footage recorded on the morning of April 10th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.6 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to my company’s office (Edina, MN). Similar to what I've experienced w/ previous v11.3 builds, I continue to experience disengagements when traversing the intersection of 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE. This has been a regression I first noticed with 10.69.25.x and something that was completely fixed as of 10.69.3. I previously did this same drive with 11.3.1 (see below) so you can can directly the two builds. While v11.3.6 has been solid for me, I continue to believe that v11.3.1 was the best 11.3 build so far.

Previous drive w/ 11.3.1:

00:42 - FSD Continues To Do A Beautiful Job w/ UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
01:03 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
01:16 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - FSD Gets Confused w/ Lane Selection When Crossing 37th Ave NE & Central Ave NE
02:59 - Good Behavior At 4-way Stop
03:11 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Throttle Input Required Due To Excessive Hesitation At 4-way Stop At 37th Ave NE & 5th Street NE
03:59 - Great Vehicle Placement On Wide Unmarked Road
05:05 - Persistent Issue - Excessive Hesitation w/ 3-way Stop At 5th Street NE & St. Anthony Pkwy
05:44 - Persistent Mapping Issue - FSD Signals As If It Will Attempt To Enter Oncoming Lane On St Anthony Pkwy
06:33 - Disengagement - Pothole Avoidance (Thanks Minneapolis)
07:37 - Fantastic Handling Of Curvy Section Of St Anthony Pkwy
08:37 - FSD Properly Handles Poor Visibility During Tough UPL Onto 42nd Ave N
09:41 - Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.x - FSD Fully Stops For Flashing Yellow Turn Light Even w/ No Oncoming Traffic
10:11 - Persistent Issue - Frozen FSD Visualizations
10:37 - Confirmed No Regressions w/ Dowling Ave N to I-94E Transition
12:03 - Smooth Handling Of I-94E to I-394W Transition
12:49 - Persistent Issue - FSD Does Not Activate Turn Signal When Merging Onto The Highway
13:16 - Disengagement / Persistent Issue - FSD Beta Still Unable To Enter Tight Clover Leaf At I-394W & MN-100 S
14:58 - Another Example Of FSD Not Activating Turn Signal When Merging Onto MN-100 S
15:47 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
16:04 - Persistent Issue w/ v11.3.x - Driver-Initiated Auto Lane Change To Exit Passing Lane
16:38 - Smooth Deceleration & Excellent Path Planning When Exiting MN-100S
17:08 - Fantastic Behavior w/ UPR Turn Onto Edina Industrial Blvd
17:26 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
17:51 - Closing Thoughts

Video #128 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.3.6 - North Metro Test Loop (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage recorded on April 10th, 2023 of FSD Beta 11.3.6 driving me from my home (NE Minneapolis) to my parents’ house (Coon Rapids, MN). Since the 37th Ave NE construction project started earlier this week, I adjusted the beginning of the route to navigate around this particular section of road.

00:00 - Intro / Intervention / Persistent Issue - Adjusted Max Speed Due To Incorrect Speed Limit On Most Residential Streets In Twin Cities
01:22 - Good Handling Of UPR Turn Onto Central Ave NE Even w/ Poor Visibility
01:59 - Route-based Auto Lane Change
02:16 - FSD Confidently Navigates Around Stopped Vehicle At Intersection
02:30 - Properly Assertive UPL Turn Onto 37th Ave NE
03:11 - Possible Improvement - Less Hesitation At 4-way Stop Of 37th Ave NE & Madison Pl
03:45 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Throttle Input Required Due To Excessive Hesitancy At 4-way Stop Of 37th Ave NE & 5th St NE
04:10 - Issue - Creep Behavior & Positioning Before UPR Turn Onto University Ave NE Needs To Be Refined
06:08 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
06:38 - Human Pilot Strikes Again!
07:39 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Max Speed Offset Negated As MN-47 Joins US-10 W
08:05 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
08:22 - Speed-based Auto Lane Change
08:43 - Persistent Issue w/ 11.3.x - FSD Now Selects & Recovers From Picking The Wrong Turn Lane Before Left Turn Onto Main St
09:11 - Solid Path Planning During Left Turn Onto Main St
09:59 - Routine Left Turn Onto Northdale Blvd
10:30 - Another Routine Left Turn Onto 124th Ave NW
10:47 - Final Turn & Closing Thoughts

Video #129 - Tesla - FSD Beta 11.4.1 - Twin Cities First Impressions (Zero Disengagements)

This video contains footage from my very first drive w/ FSD Beta 11.4.1 where it drove me from Highland Park (St. Paul) to my house (NE Minneapolis) without a single disengagement. Turns were extremely smooth with confidence being noticeable higher than what I saw w/ v11.3.6. Looking forward to doing more drives w/ v11.4.1 tomorrow!

00:48 - Smooth UPR Turn Onto Cleveland Ave S
02:00 - Confident UPL Turn Onto Randolph Ave
02:31 - Confident UPR Turn Onto Cretin Ave S
05:12 - FSD Nicely Detects Pedestrian In Shadows
07:59 - Issue - FSD Appears To Key Off Of Wrong Traffic Light
08:58 - Persistent Issue - FSD Does Not Activate Turn Signal When Merging Onto The Highway
11:49 - Confident Left Turn Onto Broadway St NE Along w/ Correct Lane Selection After Turn
12:40 - Intervention / Persistent Issue - Throttle Input Required As FSD Refuses To Proceed Through Previously Active RR Crossing
13:45 - Intervention - Auto Lane Change Away From Potholes
19:14 - Confident Handling At 4-way Stop Of St Anthony Parkway & Stinson Blvd
20:24 - Possible Improvement - More Confident w/ Tricky 4-way Stop Of St Anthony Parkway & Garfield St NE
21:03 - Buttery Smooth Right Turn Onto Johnson St NE
22:29 - A+ UPL Turn Onto 36th Ave NE
22:44 - Confirmed Improvement - FSD Properly Detects Correct Speed Limit For Minneapolis Residential Streets!
23:29 - Great Final UPL Turn Onto Fillmore St NE
23:40 - Closing Thoughts