Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing $1000 Reservation Payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a search but didn't see anything for this issue.

I made the $1000 payment March 31st 2016 at 11:30PM my time. It used to show in my account or when configuring the car but now there's no mention of it.

Am I just not seeing it or has something changed? I sent Tesla a message a few days ago but haven't heard anything yet. I suspect they are just a little busy!

FgMmh1H.jpg

15ObKMf.jpg

94VEu54.jpg

Hmmm, it does seem a bit mysterious. I recall long ago that when I made a deposit, it showed in my account all the time, and on the receipt when I made the final payment.

As a side note off subject, I couldn't help but to get a laugh on the way Tesla marketing folks want to make you think you are not spending as much for the car as you really are...… 6 years gas savings IN ADVANCE. Who knows what the gas prices or the electricity prices will be during the next 6 years, or if you will even own the car that long. Is Tesla now hiring marketing people out of high school? :D

...I made the $1000 payment March 31st 2016 at 11:30PM my time. It used to show in my account or when configuring the car but now there's no mention of it.

I don't think that summary is an official accounting of what you paid to Tesla. It's not a legal documentation.

It should be legally documented in a pdf called "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement Vehicle Configuration".

You should get that in your e-mail "Thank you for your order" with a pdf "OrderAgreement_RN123456789.pdf".

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Sorry, for resurrecting an old thread. @Nick3000 : When you finally got your invoice, was the $1000 deducted from your original reservation deposit?

I have a similar issue. I still have my $1000 Model 3 reservation deposit back from 2016 and the reservation is still active. Long story short and bad timing with pricing increases, I'm ready to actually commit to a purchase now. But when I price out the vehicle, I don't see $1000 subtracted from the potential total. I'm aware that I would also have to put a $250 non-refundable deposit now. So I haven't submitted an order yet. I tried to contact Tesla support, but didn't really get an answer except the rep said they would check and call me back. That was days ago.

Or would it be better to try to cancel the current reservation to get the $1000 back and just make a new reservation. Alternatively, I can go to a service center and ask, but not sure if they would know the answer and defeats the convenience of just ordering from home.

Sorry, for resurrecting an old thread. @Nick3000 : When you finally got your invoice, was the $1000 deducted from your original reservation deposit?

I have a similar issue. I still have my $1000 Model 3 reservation deposit back from 2016 and the reservation is still active. Long story short and bad timing with pricing increases, I'm ready to actually commit to a purchase now. But when I price out the vehicle, I don't see $1000 subtracted from the potential total. I'm aware that I would also have to put a $250 non-refundable deposit now. So I haven't submitted an order yet. I tried to contact Tesla support, but didn't really get an answer except the rep said they would check and call me back. That was days ago.

Or would it be better to try to cancel the current reservation to get the $1000 back and just make a new reservation. Alternatively, I can go to a service center and ask, but not sure if they would know the answer and defeats the convenience of just ordering from home.

Hey, Tesla confirmed that I still had the deposit and all was good but without it showing on the site I just ended up refunding it rather then trying to get it applied somehow. I cant say if that's the better option though. 😅

Thanks for the reply. I also managed to get a hold of an advisor through the Tesla chat today. The rep just recommended I cancel my existing reservation and start a new order. However, when I submitted for cancellation and filled out payment info, it just returns with there being an issue with processing my refund. So now there's being a case number open on that. Tesla isn't making it easy for this.

I guess I should've just cancelled way back when they opened orders up a few years ago.

I didn't want to place a new order yet until I know the refund at least goes through.

Reactions: Nick3000