TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Missing carpet pieces in the trunk?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Petra, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Petra

Petra Member

Hey guys!

Quick question for anyone who cares to look: Are these sections of carpet (pictured below, they're in the trunk just above the storage pockets on either side of the frame rails) normally missing on the Model S? I ask because I just got my car back from the Burbank service center on Thursday and I honestly can't remember whether there was originally carpet there or not. I want to know if they forgot to put something back after working on the tail lights or if I'm remembering something that was never there in the first place.

[​IMG]

2. green1

green1 Active Member

I believe it to be normal (based on my car being identical right from when I first got it) though I have no theory as to why.

3. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

I just added the trunk lights from Abstract Ocean and those holes came in handy when pulling the carpet down to expose the wiring.

4. Petra

Petra Member

Okay, so it's normal.

I figured I'd double check before saying anything to the service center--thanks! :)

5. edou

edou Member

Yep - it's normal. I asked my Service Center not too long ago, and they didn't know if they were supposed to be there or not. Checked a few other cars quickly, and they all had those holes. I wonder why they're there, though...

6. wilheldp

wilheldp Member

Ditto this, but my car had sort of a louvered area instead of a wide open section like what is pictured above (i.e., there were a few strips of carpet running in the pictured open area.)